ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Capsicum Red Detail

This might be quite long, so grab a brew while the pictures download!

With summer coming up, even though the weather is still shocking, I started filling my baskets here there and everywhere with products that I either wanted to try or needed to refill my supplies with. After reading many threads I had pretty much got everything I need to do a detail I would be 100% happy with. I planned on doing the detail Saturday/Sunday, but looking at the weather forcast Friday/Saturday looked much better. I knew I still needed to pick up a few bits so popper into Shineorama on Friday morning before starting to pick up some bits. Have to say, very impressed, had a good chin wag and got some advice on what would be better to buy, along with a nice cash discount!

I went knowing I wanted Wolfs Deironizer, some clay, and some bumper restorer. I knew their website said they were all out of Zaino Z6, but when I asked he had some! Woop! I ended up with the Wolfs, some Bilt Hamber clay, Poorboys new look gel and Zaino Z6. Very happy with my purchase.

Lets get cracking!

Here are the products I used
SDC17847.jpg

SDC17807.jpg

I knew the car hadn't had a good clean in some time, and the wheels were getting bad. Lots of sealant on plastics as well!
SDC17794.jpg

SDC17795.jpg

SDC17797.jpg

SDC17798.jpg

SDC17802.jpg

SDC17803.jpg

SDC17804.jpg

SDC17805.jpg

Wheels, after 2 weeks/500miles.
SDC17799.jpg

SDC17800.jpg

Started out with snowfoaming, firstly on the lowest setting. (Still not 100% with the thickness of this!)
SDC17808.jpg

SDC17810.jpg

SDC17811.jpg

Then upped the foam to max, (much happier, but wasn't sticking that well still)
SDC17812.jpg

SDC17813.jpg

SDC17814.jpg

Left it to dwell for 5-10 minutes then washed off with the pressure washer to be left with this:
SDC17815.jpg

On to the wheels.
What I usually do is use one of my old mitts and a wheel brush to clean the wheels with BTBM and the 2BM. However I've been looking for a method where I have to spray them, leave it to dwell and pressure was off. Simply because It takes freaking ages to do each wheel!

Wheels in question
SDC17816.jpg

SDC17818.jpg

Broke out the Wolfs Deironizer, which I as expecting brilliant results from
SDC17820.jpg

Watching it bleed as it does its job:
Fronts:
SDC17821.jpg

SDC17822.jpg

Rears:
SDC17823.jpg

SDC17824.jpg

Fronts again:
Now starting to see it works to its full potential (after the bleeding is done, the degreaser kicks in, which makes the brown/green colour)
SDC17825.jpg

SDC17826.jpg

SDC17827.jpg

SDC17828.jpg

Rear jet washed:
SDC17830.jpg

Front jet washed (as can be seen its not 100% perfect, baring in mind there was NO agitation involved its done well):
SDC17832.jpg

SDC17833.jpg

The gave the car its first wash with Dodo juice BTBM using the 2BM and my mitt, to be left with this:
SDC17834.jpg

SDC17835.jpg

SDC17836.jpg

SDC17837.jpg

Dirt from this wash:
SDC17845.jpg

Now onto claying. The car hasn't been clayed in well over a year, so I had no idea what to expect. Didn't use any lubrication bar the water that was on the car from when I rinsed it. (the boot needed a little meg's lube due to the panel drying out)

Roof:
SDC17838.jpg

Passenger Side:
SDC17839.jpg

Bonnet and front bumper: (bumper was respray in January)
SDC17841.jpg

Drivers Side:
SDC17842.jpg

Boot and rear bumper:
SDC17843.jpg

Then after reading some threads on DW, decided to clay the outside of the glass as well.
SDC17844.jpg

Washed the car again using new buckets of water using the same process, and was left with this:
SDC17849.jpg

SDC17850.jpg

SDC17851.jpg

SDC17852.jpg

Left the car to dry while I had some dinner, and the sun came out so grabbed a few more snaps.
SDC17853.jpg

SDC17855.jpg

SDC17856.jpg

Got the 3M tape out and tapped up a few things, I can't control myself when polishing so glad I got some tape!
The broke out the Werkstat, which is superb IMO. Really have to thank Gally for Recommending it! Put it on everything, makes the car super silky. Put it on the glass as well, which made a huge difference.
SDC17856.jpg

SDC17858.jpg

SDC17859.jpg

SDC17860.jpg

SDC17861.jpg

SDC17862.jpg

SDC17863.jpg

SDC17866.jpg

I also bought some new wiper blades, as my aero ones had been on well over 2 years lol!
SDC17867.jpg

The broke out the Zymol Carbon, I was really looking forward to using this and was unsure of how good the results would be. I have to say it was sublime to work with, super easy to apply and buff off. The paintwork looks a lot deeper and warmer, to the touch the bodywork was 'warm' as well.

After this, I dressed the plastics and tyres with PB natural Look.
Here are the end results.

SDC17868.jpg

SDC17870.jpg

SDC17871.jpg

SDC17872.jpg

SDC17874.jpg

SDC17875.jpg

SDC17878.jpg

My evil 8000k Xenons.
SDC17879.jpg

Moved it onto the road to get some different sunlight as the sun was going down.
SDC17880.jpg

SDC17881.jpg

SDC17882.jpg

Day 2

Today I was going to mainly tackle the inside. However after a good nights sleep I said to myself I would put another coat of Carbon on just because I could. :D
SDC17883.jpg

SDC17884.jpg

I kept walking around the corner to see this and simply had to take a picture. Reflection, Ass, Lows, Contrast. The reason why I love this car so much!
SDC17886.jpg

SDC17889.jpg

After seeing the results from applying werkstat to the glass, It was done on all the glass inside as well.
SDC17890.jpg

The hovered the inside and applied PB's new look to everything inside.
SDC17896.jpg
SDC17897.jpg

SDC17898.jpg

I was unhappy with the results a thin coating of PB's new look gave to the bumpers outside, So I applied some more and here are the final shots.
SDC17891.jpg

SDC17892.jpg

SDC17893.jpg

SDC17894.jpg

Overall I'm 100% happy with the car as it stands, couldn't of asked for anymore. I never used the Z6 as its something I'll use as a drying aid and on top of wax that isn't freshly applied. I also got a old MF and cleaned the wheels properly, so I need to experiment with the Wolfs a bit to get it working perfect first time.

If you're still reading, thanks! It's all ready for FCS next weekend, and a friend of mine is going to get some decent (non-driveway :eek:) pictures Sunday/Monday!

Clio 1.2 16v
Very nice job mate. Same colour as mine, only quite a bit shinier :O

Spose I had better up my game for FCS then :D

Looks superb JG lad. How's the paint holding up with swirls et al?

I thought though they were getting worse tbh, But I think the werkstat has filled in some of the imperfections. I could do with investing in a DA/rotary but the amount I would use it I cant warrant it at the moment.

172 Cup
Cracking results there fella it looks lovely! i'll keep an eye out for this next week at the fcs ;)

Cheers guys. It's been raining today, kept poking my head out the window to watch the rain beading off the car :eek:

Went out last night to get some pictures as well, So will get them up soon as well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Excellent work Jon.Very impressed mate.

Even just after claying you can see how much difference it made!

Couple of things mate. Swirl filling is something that you should look at next mate. Ez creme glaze and blackhole the 2 that come to mind. :) Blackhole as you know offers lots of filling and also they are both acrylic so sit great under anything really.

The deironizer needs to be left for like 30 minutes to fully work away then wash off. ;) Nice tip. Sometimes even longer than an hour.

Z6 is not a drying aid so don't waste it. Buy some demon shine from asda or something and spray it as a drying aid. If you're not waxing after drying then use the z6 as a wipedown. :)

Keep up the good work mate. Car looks really good. :)

Yeah, I kept thinking about getting some blackhole as it kept cropping up. However I was a bit cautious of how much I was spending as the car will most likely be going in the next few months.

Didn't think Deironizer needed to be left for so long, I had seen over on DW that a rep said that there was no harm in leaving it for an hour etc but it didn't need to be on for that long. I guess I might of got a bit impatient as well.

Yep I mainly bought it for the "if not waxing" solution. I wasn't 100% sure on what Z6 should/should not be used for, so I'm still looking into it. It was more of a alternative to my dodo juice red mist tropical.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
That is such a crackin little car mate, looks spot on!

As for the bumper plastics, if your after long lasting fresh black bumpers may I suggest Dodo Juice SN Trim Sealnt ;)

Love how she's sitting, Is she just on coilies? Are you running spacers/camber bolts? Really like the way she sits

That is such a crackin little car mate, looks spot on!

As for the bumper plastics, if your after long lasting fresh black bumpers may I suggest Dodo Juice SN Trim Sealnt ;)

Love how she's sitting, Is she just on coilies? Are you running spacers/camber bolts? Really like the way she sits

Ah ok! I'll have a look at that as well. I would much rather just buy some Gtechniq C4 in the long run.
Yeah, its on FK Silverline X Coilovers, 5mm spacers all round. No camber bolts but around 1degree on the front.

Really good job there, car looks mint.

are those clio 16v turbines??? car look really on those wheels.

Cheers, Yes 16v turbines powedercoated in white :)

Great little clio! Came up really nice!

Cheers :)

Lookin good!

Best colour ;)

Exactly!

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I love this car! Makes me want to sell the 172 bumper and put the original one back on! Brilliant write up. Awesome colour.

I found the guys at Shinearama to be really friendly and helpful too. I went there with the intention of getting a lambswool mitt and walked out with a carrier bag full of detailing goodies.

Yeah they are awesome. They do sample session's on saturday mornings as well. He said just pop down and try and some products if you want :)

Going to be real bad having them so close :(

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Yeah they are awesome. They do sample session's on saturday mornings as well. He said just pop down and try and some products if you want :)

Going to be real bad having them so close :(

Lol I know mate!

What you getting rid of the Clio for?

Ibiza SC
Looks awesome, seeing threads like these make me want to get into detailing more and more every day.

Just don't know where to start!

I only started out with the basics like a AutoGlym kit and worked my way up from there. Buying little bits here and there, although for this I did spend a fair amount on new products and can still think of more things I would like.

It's expensive, but highly enjoyable and rewarding.