ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car burnt out drivers door loom, now won't start!

clio 172
Went to get into my car this morning, pressed the button on the key to open it and nothing happened. Tried again a couple of times and still nothing, so I opened it from the passenger door lock and it stunk of burning wire!

After a few minutes of investigation I found that one of the fuses had blow so I tried another, as soon as I did this smoke poured out of the driver doors from the mirror adjuster switch. I removed this to find that it and the door loom had fried themselves.

I then disconnected the door loom at the a-pillar and re-inserted the fuse. This time the loom seemed ok, so I went to try and start but when I turned the ignition on the speedo buzzed (which I don't remember it doing) and when I tried to start there was nothing!

Has anyone had similar, or got any sugestions. I assume it has also fried the comfort ecu which I am led to believe controls the imobilizer?

Thanks,

Darren

Jap Box
Have you tried simply jump starting the car? It could be that the wiring fried overnight if it stuck on, meaning it could have drained the battery.

Check all the other fuses and relays also, never heared of this kind of problem before though.

clio 172
There is still power to it as the fuse had gone, all the dash lights up and doesn't go out like the do when the battery is low. The dash comes on and when you turn the key the extra bits to crank it nothing happens.

The imobilizer light doesn't come on at all either

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Could be well off but have you tried the fuel cut off under the bonnet, red stopper above the battery - should click down if it's popped.

clio 172
Haven't tried the fuel cut as it's not even turning over at the moment. My suspision is that it has blow up the UCH. Can I just buy one off ebay or do they need programing?

They need programming as far as I know :(

Won't be the fuel cut-off they are impact triggered, and as you say the starter isn't even kicking in

The last time I had that random buzzing and doing nothing was when I'd accidentally not attached one of the UCH earths after having my dash out

clio 172

Won't be the fuel cut-off they are impact triggered, and as you say the starter isn't even kicking in

The last time I had that random buzzing and doing nothing was when I'd accidentally not attached one of the UCH earths after having my dash out

On ebay they sell them as a complete set of the engine ecu, uch, keys and transponder, and there is a set with the right ecu for my car, these should work without programing right?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1

Was a long shot I know ;) Mine actually last tripped when the battery de-charged !

clio 172
All sorted, was another fuse gone as well that I missed the first time. Just got to strip back the loom now and repair it as it has burnt the wire right back to the fuse box! Luckily it doesn't have much of the interior in it as it's a track car so should take too long!

Holy moly. You're lucky there

Must have been the lock on the door seize up - but it'd have to draw some serious power to melt the cabling right back to the fuse box. Ouch!
Glad you got it running though!

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
As above its probably shorting you should stop trying to turn it over and fix the the loom in the door first off