ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cleaning advice needed

Going to be cleaning fathers truck when the weather brightens up - it's in dire need of a polish and wax, hasn't been done for years :eek:

Anyway, all over the front half of the truck there are white specks of paint where we were painting with spray guns, and its all driped down onto it... it's litterally tiny specks of paint - but any idea how to remove these?

They do come of if you use your nail, but theres thousands hah - clay bar?

Thanks

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
id say clay, maybe the CYC yellow stuff ?......or possibly something more aggressive

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just mop the truck. If its not been polished it will kill two birds with one stone.

Might try some sand paper...

I'll invest in a clay bar first tho.

I have a few cleaning products, nothing too aggresive tho i don't think.

AG SRP
AG Body Shampoo
TW Extreme Nanotech Wheel Cleaner
Meguires Wax (Carnauba?)
Some kind of tar remover, could try that - it's not great tho.

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
try using a foam lance and valet pro super snow foam to loosen the dirt then try using an aggresive clay bar with a quick detailer first. if this fail try using a paint cleaner such as meguiars. wouldnt reccomend using sand paper cause youl have to respray which could end up looking nasty

^^^Think the sand paper was a joke. Wet sanding with 2500 is fine and will remove them, but will need machine polishing afterwards.

Clay will remove this as customer's cars have had this before. Depends on what paint it is but should be fairly easy. Just take your time. Failing that I would suggest a machine polish, whether it be a MOP or a DAS.

Tardis won't melt something like over spray sadly.

FFS just looked at your location, you are about the tenth person that I could come see when I visit Pete in Bristol, might take a week off and just do all CS users cars in the SW!!

The sand paper was a joke!

Link me to some products i could use, all this tardis stuff is s**t i have never heard of :O

The car is full of scratches and what not anyway, so its not really that important.

It is water based the paint, i think - so it should come off easily.

Also... applicator pads or micro fiber cloths? Which are best to polish/wax with?

Applicator pads fella, all the way. The megs ones sold in halfords will see you right.

The tardis stuff is good, but tbh, if it is light paint/only water based, Auto Glym Intensive tar remover will shift it, again available from halfords.