ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cleaning guys - Help!

My car was broken into a while ago, the police came and dusted it over for fingerprints, they use powder aluminium (dust) and a feather brush. Unfortunately this has left staining on the areas they have dusted. See photo:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/SpammyClio/P1010442Medium.jpg

I have cleaned the car properly twice since its been carried out and they arent fading. Do you have any suggestions? Time for a polish? Is this a decent reason for me to buy a PC ;)

Cheers

106 GTi

What have you done so far, just tried to wash it off?

I would try some clay first and a good paint cleaner.

aluminium dust? id be inclined to try claying it if you havnt already. May need PCing afterwards as if its basically tiny bits of aluminium they will have no doubt been dragged across the paint and scratched it.

Yep just washing, mainly because of the hole in the door, i cant work on it as i would like. I should be having a new door fitted soon so when thats done, i shall work on the rear quarter panel with the clay as you have suggested. A good paint cleaner would be?

106 GTi

For a Paint Cleaner of the shelf try some Megs DC1, I would use Klasse AIO if it was me.

Maybe try some Autoglym Engine and machine cleaner too, its not going to harm the paint but will shift most things safely. I use it everywhere on Bikes with no adverse effects. Just re wax areas you use it on.

I shall get the Autoglym stuff first, try that. Then the Klasse AIO if it doesnt budge! Is the AIO best worked in straight lines or circular motions?

Thanks

m8s a policeman and he says baby wipes work on this stuff and doesnt damage paintwork , never tried it so cant say if it works :confused:

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Spammy on 06 September 2005
I shall get the Autoglym stuff first, try that. Then the Klasse AIO if it doesnt budge! Is the AIO best worked in straight lines or circular motions?Thanks

Straight lines first as if those particles do leave marks in the paint they will look worse in a circular motion.