ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Corroded Aluminium Engine Parts

Clio RS Sport
Hi
I have just bought a 2010 Renault Clio RS 200 and would like to clean the oxidisation off the aluminium parts of the inlet manifold etc as they are quire badly corroded / oxidised. Any thoughts on the easiest way of doing this? is there a cleaner that will remove it or is it a case of wire brushing? Also if I get it cleaned off is there a recommended paint to paint it with to stop it happening again.I've used some aerosol engine paints, and after a while they've gone to look awful, faded etc.

IMG_1471_zpsda0z7p09.jpg

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

dan's cast offs.
i'd give that a go with a stiff bristled nylon brush first and then a quick wipe over with gt85/wd etc. i reckon that should just about sort it.

Clio RS Sport
Hi
I'll give those suggestions a try. Closing the bonnet might be the answer but I suspect it will niggle at me.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Autosmart Alu brite seems to work wonders - only done the engine undertray on the M3 and a test patch on the inlet of the 182 but it cleans everything off.