ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cleaning, What order???

Golf R soon...
As you probably know the weather hasn't been great the last couple of weeks :(

Only been able to shampoo the car down as I simply haven't had the time to go into any great detail :eek:

Anyway to the point...

...I bought some AG super resin polish, AG super resin protection, what other steps would you recommend after this, perhaps some kind of pure wax or sealant. Any ideas?

RB 182
Do you mean AG Extra Gloss Protection not AG super resin protection?

If so you want to have a wax like P21s or similar after those stages.

Golf R soon...
benclelland said:
Do you mean AG Extra Gloss Protection not AG super resin protection?

If so you want to have a wax like P21s or similar after those stages.

Sorry, I meant extra gloss protection :eek:

What is this P21's? Do you have a link?

RB 182
You can get it cheaper than that. Try here, give SeriousPerformance a PM and he will sort out a discount too.

You've done the washing part at this point, your just protecting it now. Have you clayed the car yet?

Golf R soon...
benclelland said:
You can get it cheaper than that. Try here, give SeriousPerformance a PM and he will sort out a discount too.

You've done the washing part at this point, your just protecting it now. Have you clayed the car yet?

I haven't clayed the car yet. I heard that the Meg's Clay is pretty good, something else I need to buy then! lol!

106 GTi
Cant go wrong with SRP and EGP.

I find 3 layers of EGP and you really get some depth.

3 coats on Black http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/Autoglym/

IMG_5841.jpg

Add a coat of wax after to the mix and it is lovely. P21s from Alex at SP is you best bet on Blue.

Golf R soon...
Rich said:
Cant go wrong with SRP and EGP.

I find 3 layers of EGP and you really get some depth.

3 coats on Black http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/Autoglym/

IMG_5841.jpg

Add a coat of wax after to the mix and it is lovely. P21s from Alex at SP is you best bet on Blue.

WOW :eek:

That is a proper mirror finish!

Black always looks best when its clean!

Ok finally this will be my method of cleaning:

1. AG shampoo and chamois down
2. Meg's Clay
3. AG super resin polish
3. AG extra gloss protection
4. P21 wax
5. AG glass clean.
6. AG tyre dressing.

Wow, now thats a clean car :cool:

RB 182
You might be better not drying the car down and then clay the car and a quick wash afterwards, before the AG SRP.

106 GTi
If using QD to clay you should really dry it to save the QD becoming to diluted.

Method plan looks fine to me.

Golf R soon...
Cheers for the fast replies guys! :cool:

Well I am going to order the p21 wax and some sort of clay then do it all properly next week :D