ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cutting out and battery light came on

R35 GTR
It stalled a few times tonight, and first time i started it up tonight, after sitting since saturday. First time it just couldnt turn the engine over, later on tonight the battery light came on as it stalled at some lights.

If I kept the revs up it was fine.

Battery voltage is 13.07

recently had a new alternator, aux belt and tensioner fitted.

Polo + Micra
somewhere between 13.8-14.4v to keep the battery charged

13.07v is about the same as i get on my yellow top optima

R35 GTR
Dink said:
somewhere between 13.8-14.4v to keep the battery charged

13.07v is about the same as i get on my yellow top optima

ok mate, will check again with engine running tomorrow. Might just be all the gadgets i have wired up in the car draining the battery.cheers.

Polo + Micra
did you have the aircon on???

cos i've had my subs running at full tilt with aircon on and when i parked and switched the enigne off it wouldn't restart:(

Bye Bye 182....
Dave3141 said:
i was watching tv for half hour with engine off, think that may have done it.

You know that you should have called me to come and jump you or for me to put a job into the system for the AA. Adam to the rescue! LOL

R35 GTR
my_cougar49 said:
You know that you should have called me to come and jump you or for me to put a job into the system for the AA. Adam to the rescue! LOL

cheers mate.:eek: I was ok though, rebecca wanted to drive around as she thought sitting in car for 10 minutes to charge battery was boring.

I said sitting in the middle of nowhere waiting for AA is slightly more boring.lol.

R35 GTR
Brasseye said:
You have TV ! that is Full Ph2at

th_DSCF0030-1.jpg

th_DSCF0029-1.jpg

th_DSCF0028.jpg

th_DSCF0026-1.jpg

th_DSCF0025-1.jpg

It is up for sale. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162073

Bye Bye 182....
Dave3141 said:
cheers mate.:eek: I was ok though, rebecca wanted to drive around as she thought sitting in car for 10 minutes to charge battery was boring.

I said sitting in the middle of nowhere waiting for AA is slightly more boring.lol.

I would have come out! What you up to tonight? Fancy Karoke at mine?

Bye Bye 182....
Ah well. We got a huge and I mean huge pizza for free from Bella Pizza with chips. An apoligy for the other night! LOL

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Dave3141 said:
Just got back from fighting! And at work early in morning, so cant .:(

The first rule of Fight Club, is you do not mention Fight Club! ;)