ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Dealers???

Civic Type R EK9
Bought a clio cup form a dealer and checked it over brakes looked fine!! until last night 2 days after buying it nearly killed myself put the brakes on pedal went to the ground sparks flying everywhere!!! Just took wheel off and its the inside pads that were fucked which i cudnt see from looking to buy it!! outside ones av like 3mm left!! Now the discs are back to bare iron on the inside!!

So my old man is going to call them 2moro and hit the roof as it aint fit for purpose do you think they will replace??

Seeing as they knocked me down £500 for bonnet pins and mudflaps because they said they had to take off and fill holes then they go advertise it here www.performance-direct.net with it all on!! LOL

What you all think??

Bunch of c***s they couldnt have checked it over before selling it and and my fault i didnt notice but one front tyre is bald

Dyson
It should be fit for the job mate. Play merry hell and get is sorted plus a bit of cash for your trouble / near death moment.

Civic Type R EK9
yeh thats right mate!! my dad will play merry hell i want 2 new front tyres and discs and pads sorted!! or they can have there car back!! i checked passenger front tyre and was ok but drivers one was also on wear bars!!

they should have supplied you with a car fit for the purpose and some kind of warranty.

I'm guessing you bought the 05 plate 182 on that website, well although it has still manufacturer warranty, it should also have say 30days warranty with them to cover anything that goes wrong within the first month that isnt covered by the manu warranty

seeing as you only bought it 2days ago, they have no comeback for the repairs and should have to fix the faults, i.e. if it happened after a month of ownership they could try and blame you, but not after only 2 days.

Civic Type R EK9
exactly after a month could be down as wear and tear as i could av drove thousands of miles!! My dad will make sure they replace it all!! yeh thats the one i bought and the racing puma is my old car!!

How do you reckon i will fare about the bald tyre?? i looked at passenger side front and rear but not drivers side?? again surely they cant sell a car with bald tyres? on the wear bars?

Im not being funny but why did you not check the car over 100% before you bought it ?

I am one of the South west local area reps and i know this garage they have had nothing but good feedback from people on hear. One of the local members has been back and had 3 different cars from them.

Civic Type R EK9
yeh true my fault for not noticing tyre but i just looked at passenger side front and rear as usually there the same on each axle

I dont think thats 100% true as if has been given a hard time round left hand bends then the drivers side tyres will be fucked and visa versa

Civic Type R EK9
yeh true i just generally missed it probs my fault but surely they will have to replace it as they cant sell a car with bald tyres and fucked brakes?

I would certainly be asking the question to see if they will sort it as you have nothing to loose. Im sure Adrian will sort it out

Civic Type R EK9
yeh true i will say to them look im not going to give you a bad name to people i know or anything else i just want the front tyres replaced and discs and pads?? as it should have been up together when i bought it

yeah they should be replacing the tyre.
if not I'd get trading standards involved.

tbh you shouldnt have had to check the car for bald tyres etc. fair enough if it was bought privately you shoulda checked but thats why people pay the premium of buying from a dealer, for peace of mind.

I work for Arnold Clark - 1 of the UKs largest car dealerships, and it doesnt matter what car it is, be it used, nearly new, brand new etc. all are checked over pre-sale, MOT'd if over 3yr old, and serviced if need be, if not just all the usual things like tyres, oil and filter, and all the common things checked, pre sale PDI and inspection. and if anything like tyres, pads and discs, exhaust, anything at all really needs replaced as it is badly worn/poses a safety risk/isnt going to last long it is replaced.

I appreciate that this garage isnt exactly the UKs largest Renault dealer group but it should still have sales mechanics prepping its cars correctly so things like this dont occur.

Civic Type R EK9
yeh will do im going to get my dad to speak to them as they will probs act more effiently with a mature adult speaking to them rather then a 20yr old!! lol i cant see them arguing with my dad tbh and i dont just want the one tyre replaced the other one is getting low so they can both be replaced as far as im concered its not good having a really good tyre on one side and a nearly worn out one on the other

true mate, true.

heres an example, I bought my car 2months ago at 2yrs 9mths old from my work, now as stated I work for Arnold Clark, but ALL cars bought by customers get the same.

the car wasnt due an MOT for another 3months (at3yr old) but they MOT'd it for me, serviced it even though it wasnt due a service, car had 1 tyre with very little tread left say 2mm, and the other 2.5mm, so they replaced both, needed new discs and pads, needed a new oil cap and was missing the aerial mast all of those got replaced, the car only came with 1 key, they footed the bill for it to go to 1 of our renault dealerships to have a new key done and programmed. all included in the price.

so the car was as 100% as a 3yr old car gets when I bought it, this should always be the case when buying from a dealer unless otherwise stated, i.e. "sold as seen" or "no mot" etc.

Ad

MK2 FRS
true mate, true.

heres an example, I bought my car 2months ago at 2yrs 9mths old from my work, now as stated I work for Arnold Clark, but ALL cars bought by customers get the same.

the car wasnt due an MOT for another 3months (at3yr old) but they MOT'd it for me, serviced it even though it wasnt due a service, car had 1 tyre with very little tread left say 2mm, and the other 2.5mm, so they replaced both, needed new discs and pads, needed a new oil cap and was missing the aerial mast all of those got replaced, the car only came with 1 key, they footed the bill for it to go to 1 of our renault dealerships to have a new key done and programmed. all included in the price.

so the car was as 100% as a 3yr old car gets when I bought it, this should always be the case when buying from a dealer unless otherwise stated, i.e. "sold as seen" or "no mot" etc.

no offence mate, but im well aware of some shockers that have been sent out of AC dealerships. I have quite a few contacts with them there and skrimp and save as much as they can...

As a side issue i would always be concerned buying a car from a dealership that lists the car wrong on the advert.

Civic Type R EK9
course they do there robbers lol but 2moro they will hear it because they either replace it and keep a happy customer or get a bad name and have there car handed back to them like it is so they will have to replace it all anyway!!

Civic Type R EK9
adrian was spot on told my dad to get discs and pads and fit them so he did and all paid for!! then showed him tyres and he said hes really sorry he didnt realise as i bought it as it just come in!! so hes replacing both only champiro tho should be burn out fun!! lol good result top guy a++++ lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
adrian was spot on told my dad to get discs and pads and fit them so he did and all paid for!! then showed him tyres and he said hes really sorry he didnt realise as i bought it as it just come in!! so hes replacing both only champiro tho should be burn out fun!! lol good result top guy a++++ lol

No doubt he did. Adie is a top guy and wouldn't screw anyone over. He prides himself on the repeat business he gets and he doesn't get that from having people over.

Civic Type R EK9
yeh exactly geniune guy would recommend to anyone ok he is only putting budget tyres on but he aint going to spend more then he needs to!!

Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
You may want to consider paying the difference between the budget front tyres and a pair of Exaltos. Considering a portion of the cost will be fitting, balancing etc, shouldn't cost you too much and will make a massive difference to the car's handling.

I bought my 182 about a month ago from a dealer and it had lovely set of Toyo slicks on the front. Dealership had picked it up and were going to put a set of "middle of the road tyres" (their quote not mine) on the car and I asked them to upgrade to Exaltos which cost me £40 for the pair.

Just a thought...

visualize whirled pe
Im not being funny but why did you not check the car over 100% before you bought it ?

I think they'll sort you out without any quibble, it is just an honest mistake.

However, giving a car a basic check over is one thing but what consitutes checking it over 100%. The dealer should have checked everything over 100% themselves before they put the thing up for sale.
The way I see it I don't think any dealer expects a customer to go whipping wheels off to check the inside brake pads, how about finding a customer stripping the engine to get an idea of any piston bore wear to see if he's getting a dud.
That's why people buy from a dealer so they dont have to bother with this crap because you assume the car is fit for purpose and offered with a warranty, it's no good having a go at the customer for not checking things 100%, not everyone knows (or even wants to know) everything about cars.

Civic Type R EK9
yep rich its all sorted now only budget tyres tho but at the end of the day its better then the bald ones on there now!! plus i got new discs and pads!!