ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car doesn't start

clio 172
At times my car doesnt want to start, i put the key in turn it and nothing happens, all i hear is a clicking sound.

after the couple of tries the engine doesnt turn over.

10 mins later it starts, this prob is doing my head in!!!

somebody help

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like the starter motor.

Mine's getting it's 3rd fitted soon, does this all the time at the moment. I always park on a gradient so I can bump it if I have to.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
when it does it try tapping the starter with a hammer, if it cures it get a starter or if your skint (like the rest of us lol) you could try taking it off and oiling the shaft it may be sticking

PH1 172 Sport
^^ A girl I lived with last year at uni started her car everyday by opening the bonet hitting the starter motor with a hammer then starting the car! Would never start otherwise!! That was a clio as well!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Starter motor solinoid by the sounds of things. As above, tap it as you turn the key (if that's possible on a Clio? Used to work on my MI16 205) and it will prob start. New starter is best solution or get it refurbed.