ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car door caught in the wind

BG Clio 182
Opened my driver;s side door today and ripped out of my hand as i was getting out the car, the door got caught in a gust of wind and got pulled back rather violently seemed to spring right back i couldn't stop it in time.

And now when i close the door it sounds like its rubbing on something as it closes it doesn't feel like it closes properly feels like a bit of movment as i close it, any idea's as to a fix is it something quite straight forward to sort???

BG Clio 182
Sounds like its near the bottom no obvious signs as the door lines up when closed no problem. Will have to try and get a better look in daylight trying to look at it in the dark with a torch wasn't easy.

Just hope its an easy fix and not to expensive ideally.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Should be able to loosen the hinges and adjust the door.
It's happened to mine before and that's how I fixed it. Need to do the other side since passenger door flew out of my missus hand the other week.

BG Clio 182
Thank's for the advice guys going to ring my local garage and get the to have a look at it.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Try it yourself. Between two people it should be easily manageable, as long as you haven't bent anything.

BG Clio 182
Took it to my local garage wasn't confident enough to try it, took him all of a couple of minutes, all sorted thank goodness.