ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car egged

Last night some scumbag threw an egg at my car (and some windows of flats in the block). I have removed all the eggy crap, but a circular cluster of scratches has been left on the door - presumably from where the egg impacted. I have tried to polish out to no avail. I assume this is now a respray job, unless anyone has any ideas?! I am completely livid to say the least. :mad:

500bhp Scoob

if they are just small scratches and not down to the paint/primer then take it to a bodyshop and get them to mop it, or get someone on here to use their PC on it, would prob get out most scratches, apart from deep ones :)

500bhp Scoob

just been told by my dad that egg white can actually strip the paint :eek:

Not sure if thats true thou

ive heard various rumours about egg doing damage to paint. lets hope theyre not true! gave it a good waxing a couple of weeks back, so that may have lessened damage?

500bhp Scoob

porter cable, its a random orbit polisher, youll find a few posts on this forum about it, like how to buy it etc

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 09 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by dudelove on 09 April 2005what is the "PC" you lot are on about?[/QUOTE] beat me to it, so is it just an electric polisher, as i used one of them and it was crap

theres a difference to the electric polishers u get from halfords and argos to these proper ones, these are the sortof polishers bodyshops will use.

Check out this thread on another forum, shows the results u get from using the right stuff with the polisher

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=49460Click me

Impreza Turbo

just seen the price of them polishers, you cant skimp on quality, seems an exellent bit of kit, i know what im askin Santa for this year :)

Quote: Originally posted by 1.2Tone on 10 April 2005

just seen the price of them polishers, you cant skimp on quality, seems an exellent bit of kit, i know what im askin Santa for this year :)
let me know if you want one and i will sort you some discount :)

I have had 2 eggs thrown at my car over the years.

They do ALOT of paint damage and I have 2 marks exactly the same as in the picture above.

I am not totally convinced its the impact of the egg or iff the egg actually eats the paint a bit :(

172 cup

Last halloween i parked my car outside my local supermarket and when i came out a few eggs had been thrown at my 306. Its a nightmare to get the egg white off. I was picking bits off for days.

My wife had eggs thrown at her metallic black 156 one halloween and it marked eggsactly like that, chipped right throught the paint tho and would not cut out.

Yaris Hybrid

Same thing happened to my old mans Vectra on halloween a few years back. Two eggs hit it, one on the bonnet and one of the mirror. Took the paint right down to the primer in a similar pattern to the picture above.

Quote: Originally posted by welsh182 on 10 April 2005

My wife had eggs thrown at her metallic black 156 one halloween and it marked eggsactly like that, chipped right throught the paint tho and would not cut out.
eggsactly - heh heh. ill get it sorted eventually, just not gonna let it annoy me too much, especially after the week Ive had - bank card fraud! About £200 missing from my account. :cry: