ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car electrical warning light on and misfiring

Hi, new member
I recently bought a renault clio 02 extreme, after one day the coil warning light came on with some misfiring , i changed the coil pack on the car and it has beeen running fine for the last few weeks.

However now the light is on again on a constant basis and will never turn off, IMG_0309[1].jpg the car also misfires every now and again, i turn off the engine restart and it is fine. Surely it cannot be the coil pack again, could it be the spark plugs (although these were changed under 300 miles ago) I have been reading about the black box which leads to the ecu chafing the wires, i checked it and the box is half missing, but there seems to be no chafing around the wires.2222.jpg
Any help is appreciated, pictures attached.

Thanks

Impreza Wagon
Your best bet is to get the car plugged into a diagnostics machine, find the fault and then hopefully rectify it.

I just had a similar problem on my 1.2 Clio and it turned out to be a faulty throttle body however you could trick it into working, very odd!

clio 1.2
my car does it this all the time i have new coil pack and spark plugs my throttle body died and i got a new one its been in diagnostic maching no faults were found and had all new cabling and it still comes on and off and my car runs fine all the time no idea what causes it

Oh right , thanks for that , the lights gone off now so hoping everythings okay , if it comes on again i will probably take it for a diagnostic at the very expensive renault dealership :-(