ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car F*cked.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's fiddly but yes it's just a standard procedure.
Don't just replace the belt though, get the whole kit.
If the belt has frayed due to a tensioner issue and you just replace the belt you'll have the same problem in two weeks time!
Order a kit from Renault Wolverhampton on here. As cheap as you'll get.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes do a full kit and make sure the garage does fit the new idler pulley.

The kit is about £55 from Adam.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm not gonna mess about, I'll get the full kit. I should actually be home in time to experience some daylight today so will have a look at the belt as it is currently.

f**king Renaults. f**king trees!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Update to this.

Member of CS in taking advice shocker...

So I've cut the belt with a Stanley knife, as @Daniel suggested. Managed to get the thing out (nightmare with hands like mine!) and started the ignition - no knocking noise, so I'm hoping that it's okay, and just needs an Aux belt!

Now I just need to find a mobile mechanic and get him to replace the thing - I can order a new belt from Wests as also suggested, and I should be good to go.

Update to this.

So I've cut the belt with a Stanley knife, as @Daniel suggested. Managed to get the thing out (nightmare with hands like mine!) and started the ignition - no knocking noise, so I'm hoping that it's okay, and just needs an Aux belt!

Now I just need to find a mobile mechanic and get him to replace the thing - I can order a new belt from Wests as also suggested, and I should be good to go.
(Y) thank god for that, was the Aux due btw, or well within it's age?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Update to this.

glad its not taken your cambelt out! You took a really long time to do my test, I would have been doing it in the dark on the very same night lol.

Like others have said, make sure you replace with an aux belt kit, not just a belt :) also something caused that belt to be cut like that, so make sure non of the pullys are damaged and theres no tree left in there somewhere!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
glad its not taken your cambelt out! You took a really long time to do my test, I would have been doing it in the dark on the very same night lol.

Like others have said, make sure you replace with an aux belt kit, not just a belt :) also something caused that belt to be cut like that, so make sure non of the pullys are damaged and theres no tree left in there somewhere!

Yeah, I've been working solid, and there is no space to do anything with my car, so rooting around in the dark wouldn't have worked for me!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Only just seen this bud because it happened whilst I was in Kenya. You sorted car wise?

I have no car next week, until I can arrange to get it sorted - you know of any local mobile mechanics? Thankfully I have a weeks holiday the week after, but I'm assuming it'll be sorted by then!