ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car feels really slow, why?

Renaultsport Clio Trophy
hey Kids can anyone help

Had the JMS works on the Trophy the other month and it blew my head of at the difference, in power and delivery of speed. Happy boy.

however recently the car feeling slow and i dare say standard again, Why? im sure that its not a case of i've got used to it, it feel so slow!! yer the weathers nice, and yes i've had to use 95 octane, but come on, it would make that much difference.
the car feels no faster than standard. please pitch me ideas as to why so i can check. thanks guys.

R26
:S What did JMS do?

Im sure its more to do with the fact youve just got used to the difference so it feels normal again.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
All though the JMS kit is a good kit, it does not increase BHP a great deal, therefore you car wont be much quicker than a standard one.

I feel youve just got used to it.

Renaultsport Clio Trophy
it involved a new air box, filter, inlets and a remap.

im not convinced a mates whos had the same package can spin up to 3rd, i really cant, i could but not atm.

R26

im not convinced a mates whos had the same package can spin up to 3rd, i really cant, i could but not atm.

Why would you want to do that??

Sounds like you've just got used to the upgrades btw :)

Renaultsport Clio Trophy
ill try better fuel see if that helps, if not time to start saving the pennies for the next upgrade.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Sounds like you have got used to it, the 200 blew me away when I first got it but now it only really makes me smile in the corners or a twisty road, it sucks but it happens dude

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels

No Clio should spin in 3rd on a dry road. I'm running significantly more than standard power and dont get any in 2nd, so I wouldn't use your mates car as a measuring stick.

use some decent fuel. on 95 your ignition timing will be dialed back to prevent knock

Interesting. I recently moved to normal unleaded as I was being a cheapskate. After the second tank I was really unhappy with the performance---it was really flat. Back to super unleaded now, and it's back to normal.

Mk5 golf gti
totally agree plus its not really cheaper in the sense that you get a few more mpg
well i do anyway not that im that arsed
runs far better on super :approve:

B

Bucko

Was it a 98 RON remap? If you've got i remapped to 98 and then gone back to cheapo 95 fuel then that may be the problem?

Otherwise I have to agree withe the fact that you've just got used to it. My Clio used to always put a smile on my face when i floored it in 3rd but now it almost disappoints.

Renaultsport Clio Trophy
hey kids sorted the problem the other day. i wasnt using the pedal on the right vigorusly enough :D back to 98ron now and back to driving how it should be, shes much happier, blew the cobwebbs and Golf GTI's away. thanks for the help

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Spinning in 3rd???? He must have s**t tyres or he's marinated them in oil! lol.

To be honest, I noticed the Clio 200 with TC off quite happily loses traction going up from 2nd to 3rd gear if you're revving hard, I've noticed this twice now.

This is in a bog standard car, OK it's not in the same league as my previous cars but it can certainly happen under acceleration, even on bone dry sticky roads.......

Maybe it's only the 200's as they actually make the power it says on the tin :rasp: *Can of worms opened*

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
From 2nd to 3rd with TC off yes, I was surprised too.

I prev had a MR2 Rev 3 Turbo running a little more boost than standard (same weight although engine over the RWD) and this had little problem finding traction in the dry. S2000 before that, when revving gave a loud chirp from the tyres on high rev gear changes 2nd to 3rd but once again RWD + LSD and maybe not as pronounced as the 200.

I assume it is lack of a LSD and a relatively light, reasonably powerful FWD that causes it.

RS RIP
high temp and wrong fuel. down with performance

My car is a bullet under 10C , as soon as it gets 20+ it feels a lot slower

From 2nd to 3rd with TC off yes, I was surprised too.

I prev had a MR2 Rev 3 Turbo running a little more boost than standard (same weight although engine over the RWD) and this had little problem finding traction in the dry. S2000 before that, when revving gave a loud chirp from the tyres on high rev gear changes 2nd to 3rd but once again RWD + LSD and maybe not as pronounced as the 200.

I assume it is lack of a LSD and a relatively light, reasonably powerful FWD that causes it.

It's none of the above, it's aggressive clutch control.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Interesting as I have owned nearly 20 cars of various ages and done on average somewhere around 25-30k in each of them, never once fitted a clutch.

Many of the cars were also driven on track (no intention of taking the 200 there), pretty smooth just changing at peak power?

Many of my friends used to joke that my gear changes were rifle fast... Perhaps it gets a bit raggety aggresive when the demon gets in you :eek:

Turbo LY R27
Not a CHANCE. Non of my RS's have 172/182/197.

+1 i really dont see this either! The only time my old 182 span up in third was when it hit i patch of water at 80, this was on a hot day but i random patch streaming across the road. Other wise any RS ive owned hasnt come close!

172 cup 10/04/10>
high temp and wrong fuel. down with performance

My car is a bullet under 10C , as soon as it gets 20+ it feels a lot slower

mine too, last week when we had the cold mornings it really did pull on cam, this week its warmer and you can really see the diff, that much i was begining to wonder if somethings failing....