ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car for my girlfriend

Clio 200 Cup
Please help.

Looking to buy a brand new / very nearly new car for my other half

We want to trade in her old Fiat Punto and ideally get something on 0% finance with a deposit. She's a supply teacher so will probably do around 15k miles per year.

Ive seen the Clio Campus advertised on the Renault website for £6k and for what it is, this seems attractive.

So, two questions really.

1) Is the Clio Campus a good choice?

2) Whats the best deal you have seen for this or a similar car? We are based in Cheshire so deals within a reasonable distance would be best.

Id appreciate any opinions or ideas

Cheers,

Kevin

1998 BMW e46 323i
IMO don't buy her a bl00dy car. She'll only leave the house, and then who's gonna do the housework?

That does seem cheap,.. I'd be leaning towards 2nd hand mini one or even a little seat diesel, not sure about monies tho

Clio 200 Cup
haha, yeah I'll have to try and keep tabs on her!

Her budget is £6k. I was leaning towards the brand new market for a more attractive finance deal and a decent warranty. Its all a bit of a minefield really.

Not so keen on the Seat's but the Mini One might be worth a look...would a decent Mini One blow her budget?

Clio 200 Cup
She'd love a Mini but 51 plates are getting on a bit now.

A newer car = less hassle for me! (hopefully)

Maybe she'd like a bicycle....

Last edited:
"Car for my girlfriend"

Sounds like an interesting swap!! On second thoughts I'll keep my car, far less hassle than a GF :clown:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would think you will struggle to get 0% against a £5999 Clio Campus.

BUT! A £5999 Clio campus is the old 8v engine and is slow as ketchup.

If It was me, I'd be looking at a C1/Aygo/107. £35 a year road tax and 60mpg!!

Some brilliant deals on them at the minute too! Add to that they will not depreciate too badly (when the new road taxes come in next year, EVERYONE will want the lower tax banding) and they drive really well.

Just my little bit of input.

Never above 25mpg
Try and go for a 6 month old demo of the Clio Campus Sport. It's the 1.2 16v engine and has all the modcons in it I believe :)

1998 BMW e46 323i
We hired the peugeot 106/aygo on holiday. got worse mpg in it than my 172, felt bum to drive and the seat squeaked, had about 10,000 kilometres on it! Third gear is almost non existent and 15k per annum is a fair few miles in one.

I nearly suggested it before, and before I drove one I was determined to like them. Thing is they're poo.

I would think you will struggle to get 0% against a £5999 Clio Campus.

BUT! A £5999 Clio campus is the old 8v engine and is slow as ketchup.

If It was me, I'd be looking at a C1/Aygo/107. £35 a year road tax and 60mpg!!

Some brilliant deals on them at the minute too! Add to that they will not depreciate too badly (when the new road taxes come in next year, EVERYONE will want the lower tax banding) and they drive really well.

Just my little bit of input.

+1

That 8v engine is slow as s**t and will cost you alot more in tax.

320d
I'm hoping next year when the tax goes up to leave my band C 1.2 16v and join the evil tree killing 2.0 club. Hopefully the tax increase will drive down prices aswell :D