ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me & Eww the 172

Shrab86

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The rack has been fitted with inner and outer Renault 172 tie rods and new boots, just needs painted now and bolted to the sub frame. Hopefully do that this weekend.

IMG_3099.png

IMG_3098.png

IMG_3096.png

Shrab86

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
While making room in the garage the sub frame, rear beam and various other parts have found their way into the spare bed room to join the parts collected along the way. Plan is to have everything overhauled and ready just to bolt straight on the shell when done!

So what else is in the spare room?

- ast coilovers - wasn’t after a set but cooksport had a deal on them, including fitting so cut a deal just to get them delivered.

- pms ibt kit - bought ages ago from Renomotive. Because why not have a n/a singing!

- speedline 2118s in gold - again not what I was after but pms had a offer on 2 weeks ago so there here now 😂. Had many speedline wheels are there fanatic even of a bit heavy!

- pms exhaust- just night of a member on here, with both cat and de cat. Was always after one and it just popped up perfect timing.

- brand new Renault clutch, no point not changing it now.

Still a few bits to get but I do think I’ll have a well sorted Clio to keep for years and enjoy it!

Shrab86

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Out tonight and gave the 2 front heat shields a good clean, came up ok, the others will take a bit more effort.

IMG_3042.jpeg

Then spent 2 hours making a start on cleaning up the rack, started with the drill and a brass wire wheel, then sand paper and finally a wire brush. About as good as it needs to be. Might hit it with lacquer see if it keeps its shine.

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg

IMG_3112.jpeg