ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Hijacked!!!!

A breaker bar is a useful thing to keep behind the passenger seat.

Im not advocating violence - but defending your property has recently been in the public eye and as such the laws on it have been relaxed.

Not a Clio

i could never just hand my keys over. Theyd have to pry them from my hands be i unconscious or dead.

They wouldnt get far though... clifford concept 500 ;) few mins down the road the car would start beeping at them then the engine would cut out :D

yeah they have been relaxed but that doesnt mean you can do someone in.

TBH ists more up to the coppers that attend. I mind when a mate moved into a house and had no leccy (so no light), I was in the toilet doing a pee and someone smashed the window and stuck their hand in to open the window. I picked up the claw hammer from the other window ledge and smashed his hand with it.

Police show up and the young one wants to arrest us, his older partner guy laughed and told the young guy to piss off.

I could have got sent down gbh for protecting my mates property, same goes for today, depends on the copper and how he words things and what details he leaves out.

Renault Clio 182

know a guy;) that keeps a tin of nasty household cleaner under his seat for this very eventuality,can go 6 feet if required and will f**k you up if you even get it anywhere near the head of the attacker.............sorry guv rolled out of the shopping bag didnt even know it was there just panicked.:sick:

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Car Jacking seems to be one way theives can get their hands on decent cars... That and house breaking to nick your keys ect... Its just the way of the world :cry:

I think your mate did the right thing handing his keys over and Im pleased to here hes ok and not hurt...

I think in the same position Id do the same, Im not sure if my insurance company would very pleased to here that thou...

Clio 172 mk2

Scum bags!!

I carry my golf clubs in my motor, any fu$$ers try it on and ill Tee off on their heads!!!

Might have to think twice if there was a few of em tho!!

We live in a bit of a sh*t country, the police are garbage at catchin criminals unless their sat in a van with a speed gun pointing at you!!!

Golf R/Leon FR

thats crazy,

this country is getting worse for crime, you cant even fill up at a petrol station with out feeling nervous!!!!!!

chav to$$ers!!!!!

182... again!

Hope your mates OK. Scary reminder to watch out! Im sure its still OK to use a mobile whilst driving "in an emergency", so shall be checking my mirrors more often, especially near home! If Im been followed Ill try and discretely ring the police and avoid traffic lights!

Been thinking about getting a spare key (scrappy?) and putting it on a decent keyring, anybody can have them then Ill leg it, hopefully with the actual keys!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I must admit, I have eyes in the back of my head whenever Im at a petrol station. You can never be too careful these days.

I could easily (and quite shocking to myself, thinking about it :eek:) shoot someone who tried to take my car. First problem, is that I dont have a gun and secondly, things like this happen in a split second and you rarely have time to react.

Given the right set of circumstances though, I would do it. Just a shame that Id be the one in the clink for carrying a loaded firearm and discharging it into a scroat that probably had ten previous convictions for the same crime. Stupid, mindless, soft-ass country that we live in....

D.

He was alright when i met up with him last night! Just a bit shook up. It hasnt stopped him looking for a replacement though. He has just come out of the Mazda dealership with brochures for a new RX-8. He has got to wait six weeks before the insurance company will start processing the claim though! - Thats a bit wrong, but its something to do with the car turning back up. - Yeah right, burnt out or in a hedge.

CJ

Blue ph1 172

But carrying tools/baseball bat/golf clubs/ cricket bat in your car cant be classed as carrying offensive weapons but they can be used as such.;)

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

This is harsh as fcuk, if anyone hijacked me at a petrol station id leg it with my keys not that anyone down this way is stupid enough to do that kinda thing

Dave

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

if i was sitting in my car it would be easier as id just ram them out of the way rather than loose my car

Dave

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by Adie on 21 July 2005

He was alright when i met up with him last night! Just a bit shook up. It hasnt stopped him looking for a replacement though. He has just come out of the Mazda dealership with brochures for a new RX-8. He has got to wait six weeks before the insurance company will start processing the claim though! - Thats a bit wrong, but its something to do with the car turning back up. - Yeah right, burnt out or in a hedge.
Hell love the RX8!!:D - Which dealer? Just bought mine from Stockport.

One of my neighbours nearly lost his CTR at lights in Moss Side - LUCKILY he had his door locked, so the guy with the knife walked off after trying it!!

He uses a fiesta for work now!

Quote: Originally posted by cjtheman on 21 July 2005
But carrying tools/baseball bat/golf clubs/ cricket bat in your car cant be classed as carrying offensive weapons but they can be used as such.;)

wrong! if you cant prove that you have been using them prior to the journey, you will be nailed for an offensive weapon!

i carry and extending wheel brace, goes from 1ft to 2ft instantly and is there because the wheel nuts are tight.

i have had two attempted hijackings in my 306! first time i got battered and the car got damaged badly, but the second time i managed to drive off through red lights.

take care of yourselves people!

thats what i like about clios that they lock when u go over 10 mph.

[Edited by Davehughes on 21 July 2005 at 10:11pm]

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup

What about pepper spray? You could tell the coppers that you had someone try it on earlier in the month so you go pepper spray to protect you from such like again.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

TBH I dont really worry about car jacking in my clio because..................its a clio...................

If I was driving a fazza or somat I might me a bit nervous but not a clio.

Imagine the guy going back to his crime boss and saying he had jacked a clio! I cant see any arab sheiks wanting to cruise round in my 182 (it rattles like f*ck)!

That is horrible mate. This country is getting too soft. People who commit these sorts of crimes should have there hands chopped off. Few people would think about it then.

Ill be watching out a bit more in future. (goes and puts car in garage).

Scooby STi, FiestaST

uncle lives in South Africa... outside Sun City.

some people got those flame thower / blow toarch things at ankle height now. Touch of a button down they go.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Amboboy on 21 July 2005

Hope your mates OK. Scary reminder to watch out! Im sure its still OK to use a mobile whilst driving "in an emergency", so shall be checking my mirrors more often, especially near home! If Im been followed Ill try and discretely ring the police and avoid traffic lights!

Been thinking about getting a spare key (scrappy?) and putting it on a decent keyring, anybody can have them then Ill leg it, hopefully with the actual keys!!
theyll just fcuk ur car up then. just give them the keys if you feel really threatened.

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by avstar1 on 22 July 2005

What about pepper spray? You could tell the coppers that you had someone try it on earlier in the month so you go pepper spray to protect you from such like again.

Feel I should throw a needed comment in.

Carrying an offensive weapon is defined as such - searched google for it!

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/section12/chapter_c.htmlhttp://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/section12/chapter_c.html

Its an offence for any person without lawful authority or reasonable excuse to have with him any offensive weapon in a public place. Breaking it down -

Weapon can be Made for (knuckle duster), Adapted for (sharpened coin) or Intended For causing harm (anything!).

And it AINT a defence to carry something "Just in Case". In the case of pepper spray Im sure it would be Offensive "per se" and youd be very, very nicked.

182 Cup, (2nd one)

Goes to show you need to be on your guard all the time. A rape alarm is legal set it off near their ears. Personally i would probably sh*t myself and give them the keys.

182 Cup, (2nd one)

Go for a rape alarm (its legal) and set it off in their ears. Personally i would probably sh*t myself and give them the keys.

Lotus Elise 111R

One I heard recently... you slow down at a red traffic light... car behind nudges into the back of you.... you get out to swap details.... keys can get left in the ignition in the heat of the moment... someone is away with your car... and if you dont leave the keys in the ignition, that is where violence can occur.

As someone said earlier, what a great f***ing country we live in at times!

I like the clifford car jacking system, sounds good to me...

this makes me glad i stay in a quiet little village in scotland! nothing like that ever happens round about here thankfully...

BMW M3

Yeh... me too. I live in a queit hamlet in the countryside (south-east scotland), but do have a flat in Edinburgh that i stay at quite often, so will be on the look out.

If i had one of those panic buttons on my car keys that sets the car alarm off i would press that a leg it!!!.... but obviously dont have that for my car... so bye bye 182.....

[Edited by Justin182 on 25 July 2005 at 12:19am]