ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Insurance conundrum

work for BMW
Okay i need some advice / help pretty please ..

So heres the situation , i have gotten a job in a ski resort starting the beginning of December :) so i just sold my mx5 as i did't want it sat over the winter for 5 months.

so what do i do about Insurance ..
Either

A.
Freeze my insurance with Endsleigh, which means still pay the £37 a month even though i have no car, which will allow me to get my 5th year no claims in March. Also i will be able to use the frozen money (so 4x£37 = £148) on a new policy ONLY with Endsleigh.
I have researched a bunch of quotes with potential cars, and it seems Endsleigh are quite a bit more expensive on some of the cars then the cheapest insurance company. for example an mx5 1.6 1991 is £280 with churchill or £600 with Endsleigh.

B.
Cancel my insurance which will cost £35. Miss out on the 5th year no claims how ever when i get back i will have the choice of any insurance company , probably with cheaper quotes then Endsleigh.

i would also like to point out that i have done some comparison quotes using 4 years NCB and 5 years NCB and the difference is about £10-£30

what would you do?

I am leaning towards B as i can get a much cheaper quote via other companies than Endsleigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tbh it took some serious explaining why i had 20 at 31, but they bought it.