ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car is Fucked, please help!!

Clio 1.4 16v
When I pulled into my girlfriends earlier, I put the handbrake up, it came up way further than it normally does, probably twice the distance.

Then, I have just driven home, about half way there is this loud klunk and jolt, just once. then hundred yards later starts doing it again repeatedly, like a jiggpik just a bit slower, really loud and with lots of vibration. I stopped, looked to make sure something hadn't fallen off, then when I carried it on it didn't do it again.

Can somebody please tell me what it is.

I'm not sure if it is related to the handbrake or not, but could somebody please help

Clio 1.4 16v
s**t, it failed the MOT on that, on of the bolts had come loose or something, the guy said it was a common fault and he fixed it for me. The handbrake still works though, so one side is more probable, how much of a task is it to fix??

Re: Car is f**ked, please help!!

s**t, it failed the MOT on that, on of the bolts had come loose or something, the guy said it was a common fault and he fixed it for me. The handbrake still works though, so one side is more probable, how much of a task is it to fix??

Depends whats broken you can bodge/make most of the parts if the worst comes to the worst.

Clio 1.4 16v
Good, I am so skint its unbelievable. So whats the best way to go about getting this fixed then??

Re: Car is f**ked, please help!!

Good, I am so skint its unbelievable. So whats the best way to go about getting this fixed then??
Find out which drums broken easy to jack car up and spin the wheels one will either not stop spinning or not be as good at stopping
Jack car up
Remove wheel
Remove the center cap on the drum
Put wheel back on
Lower car to floor.
30mm nut which was under the cap you removed need to come off so breakers bar is best
Jack car up again remove wheel and then pull drum off (make sure handbrake is off)

It will take a while to get drum off depends how bad it is when its off find out whats wrong use the other drums as your guide if you want.

Clio 1.4 16v
Ok, found what it is, was going round a bend earlier, braked and my brake wouldn't release, managed to sort of skid the car to my girlfriends.

Apparently the brake shoes have collapsed from the metal on the rear right hand side drum, so getting new brake shoes fitted and a full service on saturday by a 'mobile-mechanic'

1.6 focus zetec....
Was going to suggest the brake shoes....both of mine collapsed and luckily it was just as i pulled up to reverse on my drive...managed to drag the car across the road and just leave it however i could and a garage came and dragged it on their pick-up!!

Kiza