ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Juddering along, not reacting like it should

None
Went out in my car earlier, and it didnt seem to be reacting like it should, stopped car left it 5 mins then came back to it.

Still it was doing the same thing juddering. I came to a junctiong and it just wouldnt pull away, eventually it did very very slowly, then behind me was a cloud of smoke from the exhaust i assume.

Then my temperature warning light came on and the temperature of the car shot right up till i stopped

Is this the end of my clio?
Anyone got an idea of what this could be?

ValverInBits
You have blown the headgasket by the sounds of it. You are burning coolant and it's coming out the back as steam.
Then your car has overheated because you've lost coolant and now theres a chance your engine block/head could be a little warped.

bad times.

On the brighter side, you have 172 posts! lol

None
On the brighter side, you have 172 posts! lol

Lol i dont want to post now :approve:

But yeah i knew my headgasket was going, had a mechanic tell me it was ok so long as i didnt "rag" it
Looks like it be going as scrap then cant afford to sort that out
£500 for new headgasket plus skimmed FTL :dapprove:

ValverInBits
who the FCUK told you it'd be ok if you didnt rag it?

If it's blown, it's blown. It WILL get worse and it WILL the loose compression and or water

Hope it works out for you

None
A mechanic i know done a lot of work for me, came round one day said its leaking so to take it easy.

Ill have to asses opions was going to get new one anyway but holiday comes first. We'll see thanks for info guys :)