ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car just will not start, please help!!!

t3 corolla 116bhp
went round to my mates house today in the car, parked up and got out to ring the doorbell, he came out, went to start the car again and nothing..

basically im getting like an unusual whirring clicking noise when i try to start it. the engine isnt turning over and the dash lights/needles were flickering. the alternator pulleys and belt were going round a bit as we tried to start it but no joy. i figured maybe the battery was dead so used jumpleads and charged it for a while of my mates car, for about 20-30 mins. still no joy. the immobiliser light is going out but car wont start. is the battery just completely wrecked and will i need a new one or should the jump leads have sorted it even if the battery was knackered.

please help guys.....:dead::dead::dead:

by the way its a 1.5 dci

t3 corolla 116bhp
i have a multimeter at home so i might go down to my mates in the morning with it and check the battery voltage. but shouldnt the jump leads have sorted it or if the battery is completely knackered do the have no effect?

thanks lads

btw, is it much of a pain to change or would it be a garage job to fit a new battery?

t3 corolla 116bhp
just checked the old battery with a multimeter

10.65 V

new one 12.75V standing, 14.24V with engine running