ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car not starting after loud lorry like sound

clio 200 white
th_438849F3-BC17-4297-9927-C24ECC29A51E_zpshwufax6m.jpg

Clio 172

The photo is a video. Click it!
IMACIK - could be your starter motor giving up. I had one on my old 106 where the motor teeth were non existent, turning the key made a horrible noise as the rounded motor rubbed and damaged the fly wheel. Eventually the motor jammed and made a noise like yours as it tried to spring into action but couldn't because it was goosed!

jack

clio 200 white
Maybe but before it stopped it was making a very load noise some said it might be the dephaser belt because it went quiet after revising high

Clio 172
Maybe but before it stopped it was making a very load noise some said it might be the dephaser belt because it went quiet after revising high

Your "Dephaser belt" is your timing belt. If that's gone, your engine is shagged. Pistons hitting valves and valves going through pistons and the head! New engine o'clock!

When were the belts last done and who by?! And when you say revving high... How hard and high were you revving?! And why were you revving it if it was making a loud noise?!

Jack

clio 200 white
i say revving high i mean like to 3k.belt was done at a dealers 10k ago about January major service in april with coil leads plugs all was fine until on the way back from work on the m25 then it just cut out it only had 70k on the clock.
me thinks new engine time.how much is that gunna cost me roughly? like the car to much to see it get sold for parts
9DF477A0-DFF7-432D-AAC6-8A042819F289_zpsoajukaj6.png
[/URL][/IMG]

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'd have the manifold off and have a look down the spark plugs see if you can see anything otherwise head off and see what the damage is.

clio 200 white
Hey
the is engine is dead.taken of top inlet and got sprinkle of metal :banghead: So gunna get new engine.been offered a ph1 172 engine saying it's better then a 182 engine any advice

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As far as im aware you can put a phase 1 engine in. With reagrds the ecu id be contacting a couple of the traders off here for advice.

try push starting it, sounds like the starter motor is shagged, your motors not even turning over!

Have you even read the thread, he states there was metal in the inlet.
Sounds like yet another dropped valve on a f4r, happened to me last year. Seems to be happening more frequently now these engines are starting to age.
Pick a replacement engine very carefully and be wary of Renparts who will happily lie through their teeth as to the condition of engines they have in stock.

clio 200 white
Have you even read the thread, he states there was metal in the inlet.
Sounds like yet another dropped valve on a f4r, happened to me last year. Seems to be happening more frequently now these engines are starting to age.
Pick a replacement engine very carefully and be wary of Renparts who will happily lie through their teeth as to the condition of engines they have in stock.

cheers shall avoid them.gunna take my time picking the right bits im try replace with something faster thats why i was asking about the ph1 engine.bought a fiesta st for mean time