ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Polisher Advice

Iceberg 172 Cup
hi, now your reading my post, could anyone point me in the right direction to buying a decent buffer for the car? None one of those halfords half assed jobbies, a decent one, like an angle grinder type?

Would any decent angle grinders work?

Also wanting to purchase tomorrow as ive got the day off!! So has to be availiable to go and collect..... machine mart maybe?

Any ideas where i can get one? Thankyou so much!!

Re: HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS SHOULD BE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

15inch_oreck_buffer_lg.jpg

Iceberg 172 Cup
Re: HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone calrify the paint on a clio is '2 pack'?? this acryllic/cellulose thing is confusing me

Iceberg 172 Cup

Why oh dear???? I've polished tonnes of cars in the past properly under the Sun Gun. My milwaukee gave up ghost due to dropping it! and i'm in the mood for a quick freshen up and dont want to spend tonnes! The end results will always be the same!

Iceberg 172 Cup
You asked "would any decent angle grinders work?"

Thats why 'oh dear'.

I'm out.

lol ive just read back how i've come across! damn! i get your point i was just trying to include people that aren't as knowledgeable in the field if any deals/offers were on where i could purchase! Also my friend uses an angle grinder (i'll try find model and the thing is bloody awesome!)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why oh dear???? I've polished tonnes of cars in the past properly under the Sun Gun. My milwaukee gave up ghost due to dropping it! and i'm in the mood for a quick freshen up and dont want to spend tonnes! The end results will always be the same!

So if you're already an expert, why are you trolling on here?!

There's guides about machines, polishes and how to use them already :S

You know about SunGuns but are asking about angle grinders?

Shall we start this thread again from my post, please. No more oh dears etc.

What are you after - a machine polisher? Have you used either a rotary or a Dual Action before? What is your budget? Do you have a paint depth gauge?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
where did you see a PDG for £80???? I've been thinking of spending £200 from CYC ready for when I start to do my car

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i thought the PDG 8 (may have got this wrong, little black one that has a digital display on it) was about £80?

that to me is a lot of dosh for what it is lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
thats it. seen one for sale on DW for about £80 but i thought that was expensive lol. seems i was wrong!