ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car polisher - what make???

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
been looking around for a car polisher as my black evo ix which i've only had for around 2 months is covered in swirls, previous owner didn't have a clue when it came to washing. I've seen that dewalt and makita do them, (and i can get good discount with these companies) are these any good? Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction please!!!!

RS Clio 200
ive found a hand of gravel seems to do the trick!

on a serious note, PC seems to be the most favoured among car detailers

RS Clio 200
never used any of them.
ask rich, im pretty sure he uses the PC, and its his job as far as i know

A slow one :-(
PC - is a random orbital polisher and is good for a newbie.

The Makitas etc are rotarys and are slightly harder to master I do believe.

Safest bet is to get a pc imported from Autopia

A slow one :-(
Depends what you call cheap... I'd budget round the 200 quid mark.

That would include PC/Transformer/Extension Lead/Pads/products etc.

There is a guide on detailingworld on how to do it. Autopia label it up nicely too so you don't get stung for Import Tax.

106 GTi
The PC = Porter Cable is the chosen route for most due to the safety margin it has being random oribital.

De Walt do a random orbital polisher, and Makita one which can be forced in to a random orbital mode as well, but both spin faster than a PC and do do take different sized backing plates which is where they lose out over the PC's versatility in being able to run usefull small 4 inch spot pads on ther relevant backing plate.