ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car pulling to right/steering wheel wonky - STILL

Renaultsport Clio 172
Following my thread earlier about having the tracking done on the Hunter system.

I've now had the tracking done on the Hunter system however my car is still pulling to the right, and to drive straight the steering wheel has to be pushed over to the left.

Now, the tracking has been done, and I've had all steering and suspension components checked over by two seperate garages who have assured me that there is nothing wrong.

Tracking has been done at Sh*t Fit, local garage and National, before going to Autostop who did the tracking on the hunter system.

I'm stumped as to what could be wrong.

I had two new tyres put on the front (Toyo T1R) a couple of weeks ago, which were balanced and tracked. Back tyres are cheaper Kuhmo's which have approx 5-6mm left of tread in each.

Tyre pressures are spot on. Ball joints, wishbones, suspension etc are all 100% fine.

Any ideas what could be causing it? Would having two new tyres on the front affect the pulling? Don't know whether swapping the fronts and rears might sort it out? Anything else to check?

Cheers for any help.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i took mine to demon tweeks twice, they used the full laser thing, completely fucked up the car, took it to minivalver off here, cars now straight as, and he used bits of strings to do it.

Nothing at the mo :(
Im getting the exact same thinhg.. steering wheel not sitting flush when going straight and ive also had my tracking done... so il keep a eye on this thread :D

ur megane r26
I had it, my steering wheel is still a little weird sometimes, but my brother did my tracking at his garage in essex, and then messed about with the bolts underneath the car i assume on the rack, and straightened it out and having a drive, but on some roads it still sits really weirdly to one side or the other, yet some are fine

Focus ST
I'm having this issue still

Car doesn't seem 100% sturdy on the road, snakes all over and tramlines

I'll put up with it untill something is suggested :D

think you said you'd had someone OK them, but are you sure the pads/calipers are ok?

it's worth spending a little time to take the pads out and clean everything up (posted a brief guide to this a little while ago)

i've had people muck up wheel balancing before now as well but you could try swapping front to back, or left to right to see if that reveals anything

there's a whole load of things that could be affecting it - bit of a headache but it's probably best to come up with a list and work through it all, starting with cheapest/simplest, obviously

Renaultsport Clio 172
yeah, had brakes checked and cleaned when I had my service at the same time. very annoying, no garage can seem to get the tracking right!

Bumder With A Buffer
LOL this is where my steering wheel is to drive straight....

804a71ab.jpg

If I let go it pulls to the left and if I put it central I can go round slight left hand bends :)

PH1 172 Sport
A wonky steering wheel is quite possibly the most annoying thing EVER, lol.

Definitely. I had mine done by a hunter system and although it tracks perfectly straight and is miles better to drive the steering wheel is ever so slightly off centre.

Unfortunately it all comes down to the numpty operating the equipment as it normally means they didn't lock the steering wheel in the centre before adjusting the track rods.

172 Cup
Mine had these symtoms turned out to be a sticking piston on one of my rear calipers causing car to go to that side.

Mk5 golf gti
check for leaking rear shocks as this makes car unstable an snake a bit.thats what ive put mine down too.an my steerin wheel is off aswell but hasnt been in for tracking yet.but it annoys me how unstable my car is at speed its like its on ice :dead: