ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Tax :(

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Lol, I've only jus tbeen informed by my dad that my tax is up today. I know I hada reminder and I'm stupid etc etc.

But Obviously its a Sunday, and the Post office is shut!

I need to use my car today, Is there a sort of cooling off period so to speak? IF I got pulled today (unlikely), But would I be ok? I heard 2-3 days is ok but I'm unsure if this is true?

thanks

T

thecremeegg

nah mate, you'd get pulled and fined. Theres no cooling off period sadly, its from the day it runs out :dapprove:

16vturbolee

Im in the same boat mine was out yesterday, owell never mind only another fine in the post to go wid the rest of um!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

172cup
yup they'll shaft ya. mine ran out too... and forgot lol.

you only have a few days to buy a new one iirc otherwise you get an instant fine

T

thecremeegg

You'll be fine as long as u dont get followed by a police car thats checking uir plates lol
You've got a day or 2 to buy a new one as previously said, but you have to keep it off the road.

T

thecremeegg

No points, just a fine. They'll only fine you if you dont buy a new one within a few days, or if they catch you driving it. You should be fine

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It would be extremely harsh, but they can actually clamp the car till you get it. One of my neighbours went to Africa for about 3 months, forgot the tax, and the car had been clamped then taken away and crushed when they got back!

Sure you'll be fine till tomorrow though. Just don't drive past any Police cars, that ANPR system will tell them you've no tax. But only if their database is super efficient. Which is unlikely.

you DONT get an instant fine...

i had a landrover i was selling and didnt want to declare as sorn...and the guy took a while to pick up....about a month...

i dont think you are allowed to drive on the road without a tax disk showing tho

Tangoed Works
you are allowed roughly 2 weeks after to purchase a new one. I once renewed a week after due to fact I was on holiday. The lady in the post office said that the fine does not go out straight away as soon as your disc expires.

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi folks, I've just renewed online, £205 instead of the £190 that's quoted on my Vehicle Licence Application!
Daylight robbery. lol

Neil.P

www.renparts.co.uk
if you do it online today... you will get a lil print out receipt thing.. just show the police that.. sure they will be ok about it..

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Thats bought up an interesting point:

IF I renew online (say in 45mins when their server comes back online), And I got pulled tomorow for still displaying my out of date tax disc, Would I be ok if I told the officer that I'd doen it online and was waiting for it to come through, or Strictly Speaking, do I have to wait to display the "actual" certificate of tax (tax disc)

thanks

IF I renew online (say in 45mins when their server comes back online), And I got pulled tomorow for still displaying my out of date tax disc, Would I be ok if I told the officer that I'd doen it online and was waiting for it to come through, or Strictly Speaking, do I have to wait to display the "actual" certificate of tax (tax disc)

thanks

the fine is for displaying an out of date car tax

Buy it online and print out the receipts you get. I'm sure if you were unfortunate to get pulled and you produced the receipts the copper might be more inclined to let you go on your way.

Audi TT 225
Im in same boat... will buy mine tomorrow stuff em... I drive, smoke, work, drink so Im keeping this damn country running with my taxes! And for what so chav's can sit on their butts breeding and collecting my hard earned money!
They can wait a day and I'll fight em to the death otherwise!

Mustang, S13, AX GT

thanks
If you did it online there computer systems would show that you're vehicle is taxed so you wouldn't get pulled over for it, also like said if you dont have an upto date tax disc and explain they'll probably give you a producer so just take the tax disc in when it arrives or take in the proof of purchase.

BMW F31
Im in same boat... will buy mine tomorrow stuff em... I drive, smoke, work, drink so Im keeping this damn country running with my taxes! And for what so chav's can sit on their butts breeding and collecting my hard earned money!
They can wait a day and I'll fight em to the death otherwise!

here here!

Audi TT 225
Right I just tried to do my car tax online and it says please enter the reference number on the reminder form thats in the yellow box

V11.gif;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=GRsBQTJh7JFGthsvt2qH2xbTLG9TGd33FvPTD5rQDjKvbVqTTJWT!1840877316!-2080973774

All I have in this yellow box is in big letters: -

Please note:
If you have a computerised MOT sertificate, you may be able to tax your vehicle online or by phone quickly and easily (HA!) using the 11 digit reference number on your Registration Certificate V5C and your vehicle registration number blah blah blah

WTF?
Tried to call em and got the DVLA Dalek phone service......