ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Wash ripped my car apart!

Formally Clio 182
Mind you, not as serious as it sounds.

Check out the pics, before and after.

Dunno what these things are as i've never used them, but I went through one of those conveyor car washes and it ripped the thing off.

What is this, and how much are they to replace as I hate seeing this hole in my bumper?

Cheers

Attachments

• 11112007084.jpg
    11112007084.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 192
  • 11112007085.jpg
    11112007085.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 213
  106 GTi
That is the washer jet for the lights, they are about a tenner each - car washes are the devils work I tell you !

Bumper off job to fit it, has it damaged the bumper ?

Formally Clio 182
That is the washer jet for the lights, they are about a tenner each - car washes are the devils work I tell you !

Bumper off job to fit it, has it damaged the bumper ?

Ah right cool, about a tenner each, I presume I dont have to pay for the pair do i?

Luckily no, it came clean off so no damage to the bumper. No cracks or nothing. :eek:

Formally Clio 182
Yeah could very well be joshydee, with the hole there I could be the nut behind it loose.

So if I go about getting one of these new washers, how easy is it to get under the car and do this myself? i.e. removing the bumper.

I presume its held on with something which I can easily get to, to remove?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah could very well be joshydee, with the hole there I could be the nut behind it loose.

So if I go about getting one of these new washers, how easy is it to get under the car and do this myself? i.e. removing the bumper.

I presume its held on with something which I can easily get to, to remove?

I got Mike@Rentech to change my headlight washers.

Da

Less
lol @ car wash! :eek: :slap:

The bumper has to come off as there's an M14 size retaining nut on the washer to hold it to the bumper :)

Can't believe you went into a carwash with your pride and joy! Nutter lol.

I'd only use them on a shitter. Really want to go through one on my motorbike for the hell of it but I fear decapitation and not being able to start the bike again lol.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I'd only use them on a s**tter. Really want to go through one on my motorbike for the hell of it but I fear decapitation and not being able to start the bike again lol.
That'd probably be the least of your worries if you were decapitated! :rasp:

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
ooo gutted mate
never use a car wash as thats one fo the reasons y, plus the paint work gets covered in swirls and they always miss half of it anyways lol

lol video it as u go through on ur bike that way woteva happens to ya we can c what its like :)
hehe :p

197-I love!!!
Hope you went to the Carwash people and showed them the damage.Surely they are liable for the cost.

M2 Competition
Nope, as theres a big disclaimer sign saying that any sticky outy bits of bodywork arnt covered on most carwashes

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sure i've seen your car around the outskirts of Wem? Also what the hell you doing using a car wash!!!!

182 Trophy
the day i take one of my cars through a car wash is the day i get a rover metro or i'm classed as clinically insane............neither will ever happen.......i hope:)

you got what you deserved imo:clown: ;)

b/g 182, meg tourer
my mates once cut a roof off an uno and drove through one. lol
search youtube for colin furze. proper funny

BMW M135i
can you get to it by removing the arch liners?

I think you might be able to, when I removed (then refitted lol) my acoustic valve I noticed you'd got a pretty good view to the passenger side one. Not sure about the drivers side, then again I can't remember exactly you might struggle to undo the nut.

alien green rs133
ooo gutted mate
never use a car wash as thats one fo the reasons y, plus the paint work gets covered in swirls and they always miss half of it anyways lol

saw a 57 reg mondeo go through one at my local garage, from half way up the door down was still plastered in mud, real bad job, and devalued car by loads with all them little tiny stones getting rubed in circles all over body work :eek: