ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wash?

mk 2 172
just had a thought, wot the usual thing to do about getting the car clean for the show,
i have a few hours drive to show so cars going to be covered in flies, just wondering wot the usual thing to do is? are people finding a local car wash or doing it there?

sorry if this sounds dumb, but i am a car show newbie:eek:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
take some cleaning stuff with you, and when your parked up, give it a once over :) thats what a few people do in other shows

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'd give it a quick wipe down to get dust/flies off with a microfibre. Spray the quick detailer (I recomend Meguairs one) and buff it off with a different microfibre cloth.

Bus w**ker
Yeah i'd give it a quick wipe down to get dust/flies off with a microfibre. Spray the quick detailer (I recomend Meguairs one) and buff it off with a different microfibre cloth.
Then sit back and enjoy the swirl marks PMSL.

I've got mine with two layers of wax on already, hopefully have a third down on Saturday morning. Then I'll roll down there, wash and QD it in the hotel car park whilst getting pissed. There it will stay till the morning when I roll down to the show ground to park it up for the day.

PH2 172
Im washing and polishing mine saturday driving up sat night then sunday just go over with the quick detailer then buff of with microfiber job done but ill prob polish it again haha

is quick detailer ok to use straight onto the paintwork without water then?

No.

Hai swirls, 24 hours work down the drain? No thanks.

Hotel washed! :)

Absofeckinglutely!

Then sit back and enjoy the swirl marks PMSL.

I've got mine with two layers of wax on already, hopefully have a third down on Saturday morning. Then I'll roll down there, wash and QD it in the hotel car park whilst getting pissed. There it will stay till the morning when I roll down to the show ground to park it up for the day.

I will be driving down at 50, and 5 into FCS lol

Clio MK 4
I'm going to wash mine saturday rain or no rain and thats it. Thing is i bet it rains while i drive down sunday morning aswell. Last year it pissed it down the saturday to which i still cleaned it lol but my car was filthy when i got there.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
If you go to ASDA Corby, which is 2 mins away from Rockingham you can use the Polish carwash :)

( I am not on commission :) )

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Cleaning her up tommorow before I drive up there at about 1ish.....me and my mate are taking cleaning stuff with us...probs gunna get the flies off at the hotel .