ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won’t start

RB 182

Was with some mates last night in my car and we parked up and put the interior light on, after sitting for some time the car wouldnt start when i tried.

I thought it was a dead battery but when i tried to jump started it, it wouldnt turn the engine over completely, i thought it was the immobiliser stopping the engine but i didnt see why it should have done this. I got out of the car and locked it and unlocked it but still didnt work.

Any ideas guys, Im just getting it looked at by a mate so i thought you might be able to help.

RB 182

Just found its a engine immobiliser , its been reset because of a flat battery. Is there any way of getting around the immobiliser or resetting it?

RB 182

Na, it resets itself because theres no power to the immobiliser. Renualt have to reset it apprently, just glad ive still got warrenty and that its covered.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

sometimes locking and unlocking the car can reset the immob - have come accross that before at work if it wont start after batt going flat or disconnected - sometimes have to plug clip on to reset immob system if any faults are present!

RB 182

Can you explain the reset immobiliser system a bit more, about plug clip not quite sure what you mean?

That sucks fella! Is it all sorted now though?

I have trouble with mine not starting, but always does eventually, just takes a few goes! Not the same problem though! Mine has got to go into Renault asap to get checked over!!

2.0 175dci rs meggy

CLIP is the laptop diagnosis equipment that renault use!!! - taking the fuse out has removed the main feed to the UCH (conatins the immob system) and has reset it - like i sais sometimes locking and unlocking can reset it too!

RB 182

Well all sorted now thanks, I changed the fuse across to a spare one and Ive just filled her up. Had to be towed home last night :( (dad wasnt too chuffed)