ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start... Help :(

LY 182
Right.... I've been attempting to change the lights in my dash today with an LED conversion kit. Had a read of all the guides and watched the video on youtube, but after attempting to solder a new light into the central locking switch i realised my 3 lessons of soldering in year 9 at school. wasnt realy good enough to get me through this one.

Problem is, when i went to restart the car it wouldnt turn over, the remote key fob wont unlock the doors and the central locking doesnt work. Most of the electrics work, except for the hazards and the wipers.

I also noticed that the ABS light has come on, dont know if thats related in any way?

Can anybody think what might be wrong with it?
Any help much appreciated
mikey

Clio 172 cup
You have obviously fucked something during your modifying electrical madness

No doubt u have blown a fuse/burnt out a wire somewhere

LY 182
Sorted the central locking problem, it was the fuse.

But now the car wont start, i guess the immobiliser has kicked in as the light doesnt go off when i turn the key?!
Am i going to need a new code for it?

Clio 172 cup
No just reset the immo

Get in the car
Shut the door
Ignition on
Press and hold the door locking button on the console
Press the throttle pedal all the way down at the same time
Wait for a beep
Take finger off button
Take foot off throttle slowly
Put ya foot all the way down on throttle once more and release.

Your car will now start

LY 182
Cheers for the advise Raiderman but still no joy.

Now got the 'Injection System' warning light coming up on the dash? Is that just because there's no fuel?