ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wont start :(

clio 1.4
over the past few days i have been going out to my car and trying to start it and found out that it wouldnt start, when i turn the key all my clock has gone and reset?? would a new battery cure this as the cold weather may have killed it off??

hope i dont sound too thick ( i can use the excuse of being blonde) ;)

Williams 2 & 200
From one blonde to another lol; If your clock is also re-setting id say a new battery is needed, if all the electrics seem fine but it doesn't start could be immobiliser.

clio 1.4
i went out to it yesterday morning and it started fine and will start when you jump it.... so it should be the battery??

Trophy #267
can you jump start it ? if so does it run properly when its going ?
You either have a flat battery or a knackered alternator. If you get the car running measure the battery voltage, when running should be 14+ volts. if its not then the alternator is dead on on its way, if it is you will soon know when you get various lights appearing on the dash.
If its fine and no dash lights then yes your battery is knackered.

Battery ~ 50 quid
Alternators 150-300 depending on what u get and where u go !

clio 1.4
i havnt noticed any raandom lights on the dash, i can go out some mornings and it will start fine and can go out others and have to jump it, i thought it may be my battery as my clock has gone when it wont start, and once i have jumped it its fine then all day and runs normal??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Yes, you are suffering from a dead battery every time you leave it for over a certain amount of time.

sounds like the battery is leaking charge! how old is the battery??
change it!

if problem persists,
then you may have an electrical gremlin drawing power from somewhere!
its normally the altenator! but its not something i have any first hand experience with

clio 1.4
Yes, you are suffering from a dead battery every time you leave it for over a certain amount of time.

sounds like the battery is leaking charge! how old is the battery??
change it!

if problem persists,
then you may have an electrical gremlin drawing power from somewhere!
its normally the altenator! but its not something i have any first hand experience with

not too sure how old the battery is as havnt had the car long, just bought a new battery for £25 what a bargain!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sounds like a good deal,

a lot of the time its written on the top of the battery,
theyre meant to be changed every 5 years, so it might have just died of old age!

clio 1.4
i hope it is! well i think it is as what i have said above in the threat i dont think the battery can handle the cold weather because sometimes it starts and then some mornings it wont!

clio 1.4
after my car wouldnt start, i have changed my battery and tried to start it and started, so i think the problem was the battery!