ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't turnover and all dash lights lost after I turn the key

dan's cast offs.
solus is pretty basic to be honest, still say to do it the old school way and check spark and fuel, will only take you about 5 minutes.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah I will try this buddy also .

Car is on drive and have no decent lights .

Just the the eml light coming on I'm wondering if that's the issue now .

So just remove ignition lead and get an old spark plug and check for ignition . Never done it before but willing to try to get a step closer

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Is there dan ? I've got bat neg on one if them and another earth on the other . Should there be another earth on there from somewhere you think dan ?

Volantech CC Panels
try connecting a jump lead from a bit of metal in the car to the starter motor, i done this and it fixed my problem, now i've got an earth directly from starter motor to where the normal earth goes, bit of a bodge job but it works

Clio 182
I think i have this problem or very similar. Its very on / off though, sometimes it will start sometimes it wont. Its quite scary though when your in a car park 50 miles away. I can just go to the car too start, turn the key (all lights on ignition) next turn to start and nothing, no clicking or even trying to turn over. I turn off, try to start again and its perfect - starts immediately. But then the next day i try too start and its just all ignition lights and no turn over.

Ive checked all the fuses; all ok.

Ive removed every relay, some where a little corroded so Ive cleaned and 'sas ed' the ends.

Any ideas on what too look at? thanks

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Still haven't resolved this yet !

It turns over and its getting fuel , hopefully one of my mates will come around over weekend to see if its getting a spark or not

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I fitted a new TDC sensor and the car hasn't been used since.

Ive tried 2 coil packs but could be unfortunate that both coilpacks are goosed I guess.

will have to see what happens when I can get my mate to check for spark I guess

phase 1 172
Was the tdc sensor a cheapo ebay one? I got one and it was useless from the start i emeded up cleaning my old one

if theres fuel and its turning it must be spark related

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
No its a genuine blue updated Renault one with loom.

I fitted this before I removed engine when I had a starting issue but the day I removed the engine I think I had the issue where it wouldn't fire so maybe coil pack or leads have given up !

I did buy a 2nd hand set of leads and coil pack off here so maybe its this

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Ive checked tonight .

Car is getting spark , fuel pump is priming and fuel is getting to the rail but the injectors are not firing for some reason

does the ECU require the the nuts to be on plate to pick up a earth ?

I have electrical fault sign displayed on dash , my shitty code reader is not reading any faults !

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Butterfly does not open when I try opening the throttle . If I spray easy start and open the butterfly it fires momentary

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Dan as far as I know its plugged in correctly . Its in tight .

I guess I need to check any associated fuses or relays which are related to it ?

Is it common for these to fail ? Could it be linked to the pedal as I think this was getting picked up as a fault ?