ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wouldnt start!

Clio Grande
Hey there, Ive got a Clio Grande 1.2, X plate.

Basically I was out in the car all day and stopped numerous times to go into shops and the house etc and when i was on the way home tonight from a friends house i went to start the car and nothing! Not a thing, it made a slight whirring noise when i turned the key but it then just died!:mad:

Anyhoo, I was sittin in the car talking with the radio on for about 15 mins before i tried to start the car and the only thing i can think of thats happened is that ive drained the battery when ive had it on (is this poss?) I managed to bump start it and it's gone fine and then when i got home and parked i let the car sit and then started it again and it started without a hitch.:S

Can anyone explain this? Have i ruined the battery or has it just got a bit of a problem with wet starts (as im sure all of u have saw the weather we've been getting recently)

Boz

Arctic 182
Might just be the battery is getting tired. They usually go at this time of year when it gets frosty. Also always turn your lights on after you start the engine, if you don't already do so. Get someone to check the battery for you. I suggest a garage you trust as Kwikfit etc will prob tell you it's knackered even if it isn't, to get a sale.

clio 182 sport/
make sure you get the charging rate of your alternator checked. just because the battery light has not come on doesnt mean its charging right. if you have lots of electrics on it will drain your battery without being able to put enough charge back in, the battery light will not come on til the charging rate has dropped well under 12 volts. it needs to be charging at least 13.5 volts to 14.6 volts to put enough back into the battery. it might be just your battery but its worth getting it checked....

Clio 1.4 16v
mine also did this, but it seems fine now? i didnt do anything

i also put it down to the weather, as i checked the battery