ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fibre Exhaust

Renault Clio Extreme 16v
Hi.

Just bought a carbon fibre exhaust for my 52 plate Clio, took it to a garage for a quote to fit and they said about 80 quid. Surely this is too expensive?

How much have you guys been charged to fit a new sports exhaust?

They said something about having to make a bracket to hold it and weld it on, thats why it was so expensive.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Golf MK6 GT TDI
eh? take it to your nearest powerflow and they'll knock up all the mountings, does seem too expensive, and please pics of the carbon fibre exhaust!

Mini JCW
What exhausts are you guys sporting?

Ktec 2.5" Silenced decat, Piper 2.5" cat back system :

Profile6.gif

Mini JCW
haha why whats wrong with it? dont really know my car stuff.

Its very boyracer-ish and will look extremely chavvy.

It would look crap on a jap car, letalone a clio! lol.

Become a CS member, and keep an eye out in the for sale section mate, bargains to be had ;)

it'll look fine if fitted properly. You won't see the carbon when its on the car anyway.

I would be more worried about what it sounded like and the internal build quality.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
haha im abit of an indie kid, but hoping to mega chav it up and sell to some low life, make abit of cash.
as soon as you start to modify a car your losing money and then the car is only appealing to a certain market .
if i were you i would get some one to corect the paint on it cheap for you .
new wheel trims / or diy alloy refurb if you can do it and if needed.
new floor matts.
some one will come to see it and snap your hand of , my first impression of a chavved car is that its been ragged and not looked after so i wouldnt buy it . make it a nice clean car and then any one can buy it and with it bein in good condition you will get more that a chavved car or a standard car .

Ph 1 172
i had one of these on my first car :eek: ......the garage that i took it too fitted it really well...... then i realised i had just put a 5" exhaust on a 1..2 8v clio lol..... they are ridiculously loud i mean like ear bleading loud i have a video on youtube of it, it was f**king stupid....spend the extra pennies on a prospeed/yozza/ktec