ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Pillar Covers

182cup/D40/Hornet
Got these less than a year ago(I think) passenger side has turned white/cloudy looks as though the carbon has 'dried'out.Haven't rang KTEC as they will probably f**k me off and don't know where receipt is.
Seems abit strange as I've had a few bikes with carbon cans on and never came across this before.
Any suggestions or should I just pull them off and chuck them in the bin!?
Making the car look skanky!:(

Liquid R27 067/500
Hmmmm, interesting?! Id give them a ring if i was you.

Thing thats worrying me now is that i fitted a pair about a month ago now!!! :dapprove:

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Got any pics on the car? I'd be interested to see what the car looks like with them on. Cheers.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup they all do this eventually....

Its water ingress.

Mine has done it rather badly and so did Middos.
Put some WD40 or GT85 on there, seems to bring the colour back into it.

182cup/D40/Hornet
Thx Has,I'll give it go.I had though of back to black for bumpers and the sort but I'll give D a go as I want to keep them as Imo they look gooood!;)

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Good luck getting them off. Same happened to mine on the old car, the carbon crack when taking them off and left a sticky glue behind. You need a glue expander to remove it, and whatever you do, do NOT rub the sticky bits off, it leave very fine scratches. I was cursing K-Tec left right and center when doing this.

Chocolate Bar™
they should replace em if you get i touch, solvent remover etc as has says should do the trick

172 CUP
Don't even think about putting them on cause they do fade after a while (mine did) then look poo! They are a right pain to get off. Takes absolutely ages. They do look good when new though.

Liquid R27 067/500
Hope so! If mine do start to fade i'll be straight on to K-Tec demanding something to be done about it, because lets face it, they're not cheap!! :D

182cup/D40/Hornet
Used D( thx Has),worked till it rained :( so used vaseline look as good as new even after the rain :)