ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon'd up Clio 182

FF 182
Well finally gave it a wash yesterday, not the best pics but oh well!

Had the car about 3 weeks now, purchased for £3,800 with 6 months tax and years MOT and all service history at renault!

My plan with the car is to keep it simple and tidy looking

Things done:
1. Carbon fibre side bullets "2.0 16v"
2. Carbon dash strips
3. Carbon interior light surround
4. Clio floor mats

Things left to do:
1. Carbon front Splitter
2. Carbon front fog surrounds.
3. Carbon front and rear renault badges.
4. Carbon rear bumper plastic insert
5. Carbon exhaust surrounds
6. Pressed plates
7. Black front grill
8. Get 3 dents removed by dent man
9. Refurb alloys
10. dropped on K Tec Coilovers
11. Upgrade of front and rear brakes.
12. Tidy up engine
13. Silvertec indicator bulbs
182-1.jpg

back-2.jpg

interior.jpg

front-1.jpg

carbon.jpg

back1-1.jpg

Commenst welcome

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Re: My Clio 182

Looking good so far :)

I wouldn't bother with the pressed plates, they dont suit the clio at all imo. The rear brakes dont do a lot so dont bother with them (mine have been an advisory on the MOT for 2 years now, still not failing and I've been through 2 sets of fronts in that time!) And the coilies, if they are just for show then ktec are alright, but not the best for handling. Not as bad as some people would have you think imo but while your buying new you might want to consider other options.

Discounted 1*2 parts

looks nice and the list of mods you have lined up should look really smart

what exhaust is that you have?

FF 182

I'm not sure what the exhausts are? lol they not look standard then?

I'll have a look at other clio's with pressed plates, otherwise i think just plain fresh plates will look alot nicer.

I'm not going performance on this car at all, hence why i said k tec coilovers, they will do the job and from other people have heard the ride is quite nice on just general driving, i've been on hydraulics for the last 2 and a half years of my life which was hell, so having a standard car at the minute is luxury, but just a small drop would look nice :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

Did you have a heavily modified silver Punto?

I had K-tec coilovers on my last 172 and wasn't overly impressed with them, I wouldn't buy them again.

Exhaust isn't standard, unless someone has cut the tailpipes off and replaced them.

FF 182

I'll go have a look at the exhausts :)

Yes I had a very heavily modded silver punto :) lol how come?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

I used to be on fiat forum quite abit, you had there same username on there didn't you.

FF 182

Edd yes i did, that car cost me a bomb but it was an ultimate show car and got alot of pleasure out of making it how it was, not to everyones taste though!

The exhaust tips say Ktec racing on them? This a good system? i'm a noob at this lol

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

Edd yes i did, that car cost me a bomb but it was an ultimate show car and got alot of pleasure out of making it how it was, not to everyones taste though!

The exhaust tips say Ktec racing on them? This a good system? i'm a noob at this lol

Get a pic of the punto up, not seen one of it in a while.

The exhaust is about £320 new, so not bad. Won't rot in 10 minutes like a standard one either.

FF 182

For people who want to see my previous car (too much money spent) not to everyones taste but heres a few pics, i will be getting the clio bodywork mint like the Punto was and get the carbon flowing...

players_4_vw_show2040.jpg

trax7.jpg

smooth.jpg

FF 182

Update

2 new Hankook V12 tyres on the front :)
Silvertec indicators on the front (need soem for the back now)

Private plate end of the Month E3 LFY - My surname is Elford and Elfy was my nickname

Front end respray, bonnet and bumper, with grills painted, along with fog light surrounds in black for £250

Dents in rear quarter coming out also in coming month.

By end of March i hope to have this on coilovers, bodywork and carbon fibre bits all on and complete, wheel refurb, private plate :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Looks good mate, not sure how good the exhaust is, how does it sound? The standard one is pretty poop anyway so you did good getting one with it already changed.

The Punto is different i'm sure you'll love the 182 coming from the Punto.

FF 182

Looks good mate, not sure how good the exhaust is, how does it sound? The standard one is pretty poop anyway so you did good getting one with it already changed.

The Punto is different i'm sure you'll love the 182 coming from the Punto.

Totally diff than the punto lol. The Punto was an ultimate show car, ahd to be careful wherever i went.

The clio, i love, my driving style has totally changed, i now have some power. Going to make it look tidy thought.

Exhaust is pretty good i think dude, only when you put you foot down your hear a raspy noise, not massively loud, just right imo. So i did well there.

I will be along with more updates end of the month and they will come thick and fast in February/March

FF 182

So ball joints and top mounts getting replaced tomorrow :( but for £180 including labour cannot complain.

Ordered carbon fibre front diamond, ccarbon fibre gear insert and carbon fibre "Clio" boot badge also.

Getting the dent man out this month to sort my dents out also and i will tidy all the bodywork/get bits sprayed up by end of feb so its all fresh ready for the carbon bits to go on!

Can anyone tell me or link me to some nice side light bulbs with a slight blue tint or white tint, i hate my oyellow side light bulbs with my pure white lights :(

FF 182

Update

New ball joints and top mounts fitted, creaking has gone so that a result.

LED rear number plate light in, Silvertec indicators all round, Carbon "Clio" boot badge, Carbon hazard surround and Carbon gear knob insert all now fitted, i also have the front diamond in carbon but as the front end is getting a full respray end of feb I will wait untill this is all done before fitting :)

Just need the Carbon steering wheel bit now then interior carbon is almost complete.....maybe

Feb plans - Tax, front end respray get rid of dents on rear quarter, small parking dents and some fresh new plates

March plans - Buy myself coilovers and as its my birthday, rear carbon bump strip, carbon exhaust surrounds, carbon boot badge, carbon front splitter.

Car will nearly be complete then bar from refurbing my alloys :)

FF 182

Great mods, love the carbon side bullets!

All nice choice of mods!

Cheers mate, aim is to get bodywork mint, carbon touches all round, nice lights, coilovers, simple stuff.

Will get pics of carbon tomorrow once car is cleaned out, washed etc :)

Milltek'd clio 182

recognised the punto in fast cars, nice mate, even better now you got a clio lol, im going for the carbon fibre look hopefully

FF 182

recognised the punto in fast cars, nice mate, even better now you got a clio lol, im going for the carbon fibre look hopefully

The Punto cost me tooooooooooo much, clio will be nothing like that. Like i say get bodywork mint, carbon fibre bits, coilovers and i'll be happy :)

I will be doing some engine mods also :)

FF 182

Steering wheel insert and control panel around the traction control switch etc sent off for some carbonness :) Interior will be complete then :)

FF 182

Right today i have fitted too much carbon :D

Carbon splitter, carbon fog surrounds, carbon front diamond, carbon exhaust surrounds, carbon rear diamond, carbon bumper strip and new fresh plates for front and back :)

Carbon side bullets and carbon "Clio" badge already fitted. All interior carbon is fitted also!

Collecting some mint anthracite 16" turini's next weekend and will be fitted that weekend then coilover time on 26th March.

Car will be pretty much there then apart from engine mods.

FF 182

Right time for lots of pictures

i have carboned up the interior and exterior now :) new fresh number plates, debadged some of the boot, K-tec exhausts, mint condition anthracite Speedline Turinis, silvertec bulbs and new side lights, carbon exhaust surrounds, rear bumper insert, front and rear badges, side bullets, splitter, fog surrounds, steering wheel insert, dash strips, gear knob, hazard surround, and control panel surround.

Yes the car is being lowere don 26th March on some V-Maxx coilovers and a service at the same time :)

Sorry about quality of pics

Any comments/critisms welcome

side.jpg

front-3.jpg

yum1.jpg

rear3.jpg

yum2.jpg

yum3.jpg

wheel.jpg

rear1.jpg

yum.jpg

rear4.jpg

rear5.jpg

carbon1.jpg

carbon-1.jpg

carbon2.jpg

Interior

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

Like i say coilovers next on the list for end of the month with a minor service. Looking into greenstuff pads all round with some new HEL braded brake lines. Then some engine mods can resume

Alex

FF 182
extremeinferno :) cheers dude thanks for all the carbon bits love them all

Dav0172 - sent PM about that lol

Thanks for comments sure it will look 10 times better once dropped

FF 182
Well fitted my alloy footrest yesterday much better :)

Roll on 26th when car is on the coilovers and a proper good service done :)

Then she will be pretty much complete on the looks side of things :D

FF 182
Off to 519 Automotive this Saturday for some coilover fitting, minor service, rear pads and spark plugs :)

Can't wait.

Pics up when its lowered :)