ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbone Lorraine RC5+ Brake Pad Noise 182

Clio 182
Hey guys, just today I swapped out my OEM front brake pads on my 182 and put in a brand new set of Carbone Lorraine RC5+ pads in the front. After installation I went out for a test drive and mother of god do they squeel. I was a bit surprised because the description of these pads say that they have next to zero noise. Anyone else use these pads and have similar issues? Will they quiet down after a while, do they need bedding in? I didn't do anything apart from straight swap out the old OEM pads for the new ones. (apart from the noise they are fantastic pads btw!)

Just ordered some of these, can deal with a bit of noise for more grip. Mine is predominantly a track car though. Not sure I could deal with the noise as a daily mind. Let us know how you get on over the next few weeks...

Clio 182
After an attempt at bedding in the pads and a bit of spirited driving last night, the pad noise has come down quite a lot. The volume is still the same (very loud) but after I first installed them they would squeal at any speed and any level of braking, but now it's just at low speed light braking. Definitely more livable now than they were seeming at first

Clio 182
They squeal like a pig I'm afraid, work really well though.....had a set in my track car for the last year or so. Would do my head in if I used it on the road lots, squeaky brakes are so embarrassing haha!!
Edit to say, the squeaking is only ever with low speed stops....never when they've got nice and hot on track.