ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Card not detected

Hi all, the 200 is very occasionally saying card not detected when I press brake and push the start button. It works fine once the card is in the slot. Should I be concerned about this or just leave it as a renault trait?
Thanks. Merry Xmas btw!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Battery might be low if your using it hands free.
as soon as they drop to 2.8 volts they do weird things

Clio 200T
Card in the slot? FF's are keyless?

Mine does it when the fobs not in the car and you try and start but thats it.

Clio 200T
Weird, my FF Cup has keyless entry (like all FF) and is completely keyless, the card stays in my wallet and never comes out? Not talking about a 200T are you?

Clio 200T
Not weird at all...yours also has a slot for the key, under the start button.

Where abouts? Under the centre console?

f028ad6b-c8ab-4616-a5c5-855ea62c387b_zps619cc7db.jpg

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Useful to know that using the card slot is the only way to shut the engine off while leaving the steering unlocked.

While replacing front brake pads I had the front on axle stands and couldn't work out how to keep our unlocked so II could turn each side for access. Had to ask Mike at Rentech in the end.

megane 285 sport
I think people that never use the slot eventually have problems with the car not detecting the card, once they started using the slot again it started working again the odd time they didnt use the slot.

I think people that never use the slot eventually have problems with the car not detecting the card, once they started using the slot again it started working again the odd time they didnt use the slot.
Il say no more then, thought I was looking at some electrical fault or dodjy card. I won't worry for now. Thanks all

megane 285 sport
Like ive said, start using thr slot for a period of time and then try without and see if it sorts it. On the other hand it maybe a problem with circuit board as there prone to break. Take it youve changed the batteries already

Like ive said, start using thr slot for a period of time and then try without and see if it sorts it. On the other hand it maybe a problem with circuit board as there prone to break. Take it youve changed the batteries already
Yes mate changed the battery's first of as I had read they usually cause the problems. It's due it's 5 yr service next year so ill get them to have a dig into the problem then. Cheers

Westfield, 182, 200
I've read that putting the card in the slot charges an 'internal' battery?? Tried it on the wife's and it cured the card not detected problem!?!

Had the same problem okn a megane cured by putting the card in the freezer! Took the card apart and there's a coil on the pcb that had come loose (common fault on Renaults) so resoldered it and cured the fault!

Westfield, 182, 200
Just to throw a spanner in the works, i left my card in the wife's 197 and the wife locked the car with the door button and her card in her purse.

10 mins later i remebered i'd my left my card in the car, so ran out and tried the door, it wouldn't open. I had to get the wife's card to open the door to get my card!!!

Glad my cup has a key!