ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carlack Glass sealing Kit

Bumder With A Buffer
Anyone know if this can be "layed"??

I always just put one application on but after a few days, or even the first go with the wipers it kills the sheeting effect.

I've had to resort to using this after my wiper mechanism decided to break on the freelander just as I pulled out of the MOT station last week :eek:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
G3 or 5 now works well for 6months or so, G1 has been on the wifes Focus for 6months + now and still working great. Have a look at the pictures of G1 in my Zymol wax comparison threadfor the windscreen.

Never used any carlack products so can't comment on that

Carlack works well and I think is/was Russ' sealant of choice. Still used by a number of well known detailers.

But for £12 and thus far 15 months of beading and very mild wiper use (as I just don't need them!), my G1 has been superb.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nanolex Ultra > G1 buuuuut G1 is waaaay cheaper therefore the difference is negligible. I found the Ultra lasted longer through wiper use.

G1 doesn't work as well with older wipers I find, the poor friction can remove the coating. I'll buy new wipers before using glass sealant on any future car or it won't last as long.

I buy new wipers every year. Even the Bosch flats don't last much longer. And I like to see where I'm going.

Bumder With A Buffer
Thought about the Gtechniq but would rather use what I have...determined not to buy anything I dont "need" I have a garage full of stuff that just "smells nice" and doesn't get used :eek:

Thats a good point about wipers...I think mine are shot actually.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Got 9 month old G1 on my bus. Anything over 40mph and woooof it clears away at warp speed :D

Made the mistake of spraying some 'windolene' or equivilent on the screen to clean it once as it was hanging.. It then poured and I had to have the wipers on all the time even in light rain.

Used a mitt that Rob was washing his car with (I got in first - no need for sloppy seconds!) and a simple application of suds + a rinse brought it back to life.

Amazing stuff TBH. Thought I'd thoroughly f**ked it ! :eek: