ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carplan wheel cleaner

don't
can't remember it's actual name

A friend paid £7-8 for a bottle of this the other day,

his standard fiesta alloys were shocking, completely black with brake dust and it wouldn't come off

we used a small amount and brushed it onto the alloys, immediately it started to work

was very surprised I expected to have to leave it on for a while but it did it's job very quickly, must be very strong stuff so got it off quickly with lots of water

my question, would I be able to use some of this in my engine bay, i.e on manifold etc, then spray off with water in a spray bottle?

was just very impressive so thinking it may be ok to use it on the engine, need to get some autoglym engine and machine cleaner but thought might use this aswell to see how it is seeing as he used about 1/20th of the bottle

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Got to agree with Rich . Sounds like its probably an acid based cleaner . Spraying it on the unpainted manifold / plenum might actually turn it black .

Octavia VRS
It will be Wonder Wheels is it? As the guys say I wouldn't use it on my engine. Very acidic

106 GTi
Knowing what the GTi 6 inlet manifold is like, spray an acid based cleaner on it and it will turn white.

don't
ahh ok, i'll stick to the autoglym stuff then

think it is called wonder wheels, assoon as it went on his alloys i thought bloody hell this is strong stuff

Octavia VRS
some of it went on my hands when I did my wheels with it. It's strong stuff and should only really be on the wheels for a short time. Does the job tho

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
DAVE_RSi said:
ahh ok, i'll stick to the autoglym stuff then

think it is called wonder wheels, assoon as it went on his alloys i thought bloody hell this is strong stuff

Its hydrochloric acid thats why , lol .