ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CarPro ECH2o

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
@gally

What's people's thoughts on this?

I always thought waterless washes were frowned upon?

I guess as a drying aid it would be a good idea?

Here's CarPro's write up that just popped up on my Facebook wall :-

COMING SOON TO UK

CarPro Echo2 is a waterless wash (I know what you're thinking! Be gone heathen!) and it's also a quick detailer concentrate.

Here in UK many of us are sceptical of waterless wash, only using it when aboslutely necessary such as during hospipe bans and at car shows, but it's a necessity for some, and especially stateside so due to popular demand we designed one that's coating friendly contains si02 for a little protection.
Most waterless washes contain a polymer or wax protection element this helps lubricate the waterless wash but covers up your coating surface with a non si02 protection which is more prone to attracting dust and dirt.

What you want from it. And what I aim to show is the benefits when maintaining coated or waxed cars and designed for use by both professional and enthusiast detailers.

Most people think washing is the main source of marring on well maintained cars, but from our testing it's actually drying.
When a microfibres becomes wet it becomes a little bit more aggressive as water is not lubricating. It increases the friction between the microfibre and the paintwork

On super soft automotive finishes, both coated and uncoated we found drying towel marring to be a problem.
I've personally always recommended diluted CarPro Reload sprayed on when car is wet while drying. To add slickness and reduce friction between towel and car. This is a little overkill with 4:1 maximum dilution and not perfectly designed for it.

So what we've done here is make a cost effective QD for light dust and post wash drying aid. At 20:1 CarPro Echo2 lubricates the water and if you've got a car which isn't repelling water (say un-protected or hydrophilic coatings) then it repels the water too. Making drying easier.
This is not just for CQuartz coated cars, this is perfect for any coated, waxed or even unprotected cars!

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I thought it was going to be released as a rinse less wash, competing with ONR and Meguiars D114/115.
It's one of those products that someone will try to use on a filthy car and slate it.
Used properly I'm sure it'll be great. There a technique to waterless washing, once you get it dialed it's very quick to do a safe enough wipe down. I use a few of them and they're not going to replace a proper 2 bucket wash but they have their place.
CarPro have a very good range so I'm sure this will fit right in there.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As you will have seen I trialled it a couple of years back, pictures are in the Saab detail thread, even then it was great but they have honed it even more since.

Waterless wash has never been a bad idea. I used Optimum no rinse lots with my 2nd FRP and had no issues. There is a really good video or write up somewhere on how to use it properly. Drying has always been the main issue of damage depending on how you wash your car of course.