ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars bin broken into

Clio 172 rep
Got back to my car after work and had my window smashed in and sterio stolen, even took the 30p in pennies in my dash.

Firstly does anyone know where i can get drivers window replaced and how much it will cost? Autoglass quoted £161! I thought was abit steep but ive never had to replace a window so i wouldnt know, thanks for the help

ps.. dont leave your head unit on in your car, this will happen to you one day if it hasnt already
944806_257475931071650_1000118189_n.jpg

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'm assuming it wasn't the standard stereo either then?

Surely the window will be covered within your insurance policy.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's Christmas time and skag heads need a fix... they'd take yesterdays newspaper if it was on display and worth something.

Clio 172 rep
The'll probabily give the sterio to one of their inbred family members for a christmas present and put the 30p to a christmas card, im so innoyed this has happend

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted mate, been there before where I had my car broke into, pane in the ass ;).

You can either do it under insurance or buy from a scrap yard. I originally went insurance but because AG were taking forever to get me a date I bought my own from cliospares which came amazingly well packaged and was cheaper than the insurance excess.

If you haven't already try not to take the rubber seal off round the window, they bend so easily!

Had a group of hoods smash a window i my fiesta one year and they didn't even have the courtesy to steal anything out of it!
cost me £70 for a new window to be fitted at a local place, try looking through the phone book for somewhere that does car windows/windscreens! Or as others have said, visit a scrapyard and get the glass out of one if you can - even cheaper!
I'd avoid insurance to save you any excess :)

Leave anything on display and people will try to take it.

I left an iPod lead hanging out my glovebox and thieves attempted to break into my Clio on the off chance there was something connected to it.

I had the same thing happen and my HU and sub both got nicked.

£25 later at the scrapyard, I fitted my own window and hoovered it every day for about a week after. Lesson learnt!

Clio 172 rep
Cracking news on this!! ;) ,police rang me at 730am to tell me they have man an arrested, and have my sterio and 3 others! He had broke into 3 other cars in the area and there was a witness when mine got broke into as my alarm was goin off, they followed him while calling the police then they arrested him, so i get my sterio back as soon as the case is closed as its bein used for evidence when it goes to court , and i fount a window for £20nikka at the local scrappy, goin to get it fitted soon as i can :) thanks for the replys and information, ps is there a guide on her how to fit the window? Haha thanks again :)

Cracking news on this!! ;) ,police rang me at 730am to tell me they have man an arrested, and have my sterio and 3 others! He had broke into 3 other cars in the area and there was a witness when mine got broke into as my alarm was goin off, they followed him while calling the police then they arrested him, so i get my sterio back as soon as the case is closed as its bein used for evidence when it goes to court , and i fount a window for £20nikka at the local scrappy, goin to get it fitted soon as i can :) thanks for the replys and information, ps is there a guide on her how to fit the window? Haha thanks again :)

Good to hear.

They'll probably give him a slap on the wrist and he'll be back out again tomorrow doing the same thing :(