ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars running very oddly

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

Over the past week the clio has been a royal pain in the arse with me. First off with the starting that takes 5minutes and when eventually started it would just run very odd.

Then on friday when travelling 5miles to my girlfriends house and just pulling down her street it decided to play up with me and it lost power and limited revs to 2000 and would do it in every gear. Managed to get to my girlfriends house and as soon as it came to a holt it just cut out and wouldnt start again. We got it towed the next day to a garage near my house and he had a look. (in previous weeks the car has had a lot of 'Mayo effect' in the oil cap and i was expecting it to be a head gasket at first).

Got a call yesterday and he said its the spark plugs and the leads which are causing it and he has changed them.

Got the car this morning to drive to work and its running really weird still and every minute or so it would do a slight judder and it wasnt like it before and also the engine is quite louder than before aswell. Im not sure what it can be and im getting worried as i dont want it to just break down on me as i have no roadside recovery and work is quite a distance from home.

Anyone had or know what it could be that is causing this issue?

I swear its as soon as my engines hit 100k its giving up haha!

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Check your throttle body or the throttle body cable. If its frayed then it'll go into limp mode and suck majorly (happened to my wife's RB)
or even get a cheap second hand throttle body and try changing yours.

Yours sounds like it has the same issues hers had