ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cases for new iPad - What are you going for?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Well after a pointless 2 hour trek round town I still couldn't find anything that I liked. I'm after something similar to the otter box in terms of protection but without being so big, bulky and heavy.

What will you guys be getting and what will you be using the iPad for? Mine's being used at work in a gym so needs to be fairly heavy duty.

Ps thought this would be better as a separate thread instead of getting lost in the big thread amongst the 'why haven't I got mine yet.' posts ;)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Is the switcheasy canvas or speck smart available for the iPad 3 yet or will the one for the iPad 2 fit?

Lou

I'm just going to get another tecknet one from Amazon!

My green one from my iPad 2 fits the new iPad perfectly so no need to change type! Just fancy a new colour!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Really? Not found it available online yet :(

Tell a lie just found it on the switcheasy website for 60Euro (£49.99 including delivery) - is it that a reasonable price or silly expensive?

S3, Polo
Gen smart cover in charcoal grey. Got it for much less than the £35 asking price though! ;-)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
29a73c68.gif

dca733c4.gif

91ab58be.gif

dk

911 GTS Cab
The case I was using with my 2 no longer works to unlock the iPad with the 3rd generation, no idea why, works fine with the 2 still.

AK

M240i
I've got a screen protector on.

From the old one I just took off it did look pretty scratched. Whether that's just the cheaper marterial of the screen protector getting scratched, I dunno.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The case I was using with my 2 no longer works to unlock the iPad with the 3rd generation, no idea why, works fine with the 2 still.

Is it the apple smart cover? All the above in the pictures I posted were originally bought for a 2 and it fits/ works as should.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah, my smart cover works, but that's all magnet isn't it, my more protective leather case for work has a magnet in the centre at the edge of the screen, that no longer works.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've got a screen protector on.

From the old one I just took off it did look pretty scratched. Whether that's just the cheaper marterial of the screen protector getting scratched, I dunno.

Which make of screen protector did you go for?

Was it a pain in the ass to put on?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Massive ballache! It's a switcheasy one.

Cheers for the info dood!

Anyone else bothering with a screen protector!?

More to the point has anyone managed to scratch an iPad screen?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I won't be bothering with a screen protector. My white 4s still doesn't show a scratch.

S3, Polo
I'm in need of a back cover and have been waiting for the Speck Smart Shell/ Incipio Smart Feather but they seem to be unavailable at the moment.

Anyone recommend a similar thin shell case for the rear? Needs to be compatible with a Smart Cover.

1 Series Coupe
I'm in need of a back cover and have been waiting for the Speck Smart Shell/ Incipio Smart Feather but they seem to be unavailable at the moment.

Anyone recommend a similar thin shell case for the rear? Needs to be compatible with a Smart Cover.

Ordered ones of these as an interim jobby and it is perfect, i am going to keep it! Brilliant quality! Really suprised for £5.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0051P1C60/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Golf R32
I had one of those cases for my 2 last year but found it discoloured quite a lot and change it for a coloured back case