ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe disaster coolant problem !

172 turbo
After topping up my collant on Friday it was just over max mark I thought nothing off it .

Drove to castle Combe Saturday no problems went out the Saturday night for a drive about 30 miles then back to Combe , noticed my engine temperature needle was fluctuating at this point from cold to medium but not. Over heating

I woke up today and same issue when started wouldn't go over cold mark unless I revved it . Was about to go and track and disaster white steam smoke was coming under my bonnet looked and seemed to be coming from the cap itself , released pressure slowly and waited to cool down , topped it up to between min and max level and started it once warm it started again only to when unscrew the cap its was gushing out very violently under high pressure , I'm based in Bristol and waiting to get a town back as I write this , do I start with something as simple as a faulty cap or should I be looking at a blockage of some sort or pipe probelem thanks

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
He didn't. He let it cool down first. You've split a pipe mate. We could see where it was coming from.

Think he has just worded it wrong.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've got my old set of coolant pipes sat around that I'll not be needing due to upgrading to forge silicone hoses.

OP - if you have split a hose and you want my old ones give me a mention in here or drop me a pm. :up:

172 turbo
Thanks lee for correcting that , just got back after a long journey hope you got back safe ! Which pipe did you see split then I'll pm north loop cup