ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat adapter

MikkiV

ClioSport Club Member
  BG182 FF, Mk 1 Caddy
Hi Guys, hoping someone can help me..

I've got my MOT coming up and currently have a full decat miltek system with the following decat and center section: Decat, Centre - it's 2.5 inch.

I'm looking at the following cat for the MOT: Cat but obviously that is not going to bolt on straight to my centre section. I'm trying to find an adaptor but going nuts and the test is approaching. Can anyone suggest where to get one and what i need exactly please?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Just cut the olive join off the cat and sleeve it so it will go on your centre section. Otherwise the adaptor to use is in the centre section image in your ebay link.

MikkiV

ClioSport Club Member
  BG182 FF, Mk 1 Caddy
Thank you, makes sense now. Also found that part tucked away in my garage so it's all good.

Clio 172 Ph2
Thank you, makes sense now. Also found that part tucked away in my garage so it's all good.

How well do you know your MOT guys?

My guys have told me that if i ever fit a decat they will still MOT it and test another car for emissions rather than mine lol.

Just a thought lol

MikkiV

ClioSport Club Member
  BG182 FF, Mk 1 Caddy
Well that's the problem mate. Not that well lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Ph2
Well that's the problem mate. Not that well lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If you get yourself a cat ready for the MOT and put it on, when you take it there speak to them and tell them about your decat, and ask if next time (if you slip them £10) could they MOT without testing the emissions if you leave the CAT off.

as you will have proved that you have one this year they may say ok bring it next time and dont worry about putting the cat back on. as long as the guys dont change position etc you can recoup some money back for your cat by selling "nearly new" on fleabay etc

just a thought