ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat D CLio

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
hi guys just been looking at a clio 172 ff, 53 16000 miles, it is supposed to be stolen recovered, they want 5300 for it is that too much? thanks

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Yes!

4years old, Cat D and stolen??

i'd have them pay me to take it!

www.renparts.co.uk
like i said if it was stolen and recovered it wouldn't be CAT D... probs worth 4 if they can prove the mileage is genuine

Ad

MK2 FRS
CatD can be stolen recovered.

A HPi will tell you if it has been damaged or if it is indeed a stolen recovered.

It is S/R then 4700 would be its money as far as im concerned.

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
all right thanks so they are asking too much, but if no proof of documentation walk away.

www.renparts.co.uk

A HPi will tell you if it has been damaged or if it is indeed a stolen recovered.

not if no damage is sustained... i should know i do it for a job...

Ad

MK2 FRS

not if no damage is sustained... i should know i do it for a job...

Category Theft - Reported stolen, and the insurance company has paid out, but nobody has found the car yet. (Once it is found and taken to a salvage yard, it probably becomes Category D)

Black Gold with cup packs
I wouldn't entertain a CAT D I could have bought an 05 CAT D Black 182 for £6,700 with 20k on clock. BUT simply because it was a CAT D I went for an 02 172 same price with 25k on clock

BMW 530D
it could quite easily be stolen recovered previously but unrecorded aka Cat X. Which in that case i'd say the car is worth £5300 with that mileage and in good condition. If its recorded which it could also be so a Cat D, then i would want to be getting it a bit cheaper tbh. Most of the time when their stolen recovered nowadays there stolen with the keys anyway so most of the time the car hasnt even been damaged in anyway.

320d
Not for that kind of money

I've been to the car auctions all day today watching 53 plates 172 going through most didn't even get bid on starting at £5000 undamaged

There's that many 172's for sale you can take your pick, its a buyers market

320d
A few more miles but most less than average

Shop round, on Autotrader there's scores of 172's within the £5k - £5.5k region

Ad

MK2 FRS
make your mind up mods...;)

clio discussion to cars for sale then back to clio disuccison...

182 Full Fatt!
Do you want the hassle of selling on a CAT D? That's what I ask myself everytime I see one!
Look at how cautious we all are here, and most of us are buyers also. Just no need, not at that money. I would simply walk away perioid!:nono: