ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAT is sooooooooo expensive, why?

R.I.P 182
Currently in MOT station, CAT and Lambda sensor has gona which explains why its so juicy, yet its 318.00 for a CAT and 87 for a sensor and that's without labour. He's aborting the MOT as I have 4days left to fix it before it runs out.

Is there any reason it's this much?!

Fuuuuckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
They can be had second hand for about £80 so get yourself looking on here. Someone is breaking a 182 atm come to think of it. Message the guy.

You're lucky they are only 318 (i'm guessing motor factors). Brand new from Renault a cat converter is £1,000 + last time i looked.

R.I.P 182
Just found 210 cat and 60 sensor I need it done by Friday though they are pretty good they aborted mot so i u could get it fixed and still use the car. Wondered why ut was raping petrol. Sorry for appalling spelling I'm on my phone and really can't be bothered to change it..!

Re: those for sale, can you fit it??

R.I.P 182
Thanks Fred, big difference to 318!! :) they said they will happily fit one I provide as long as I pay labOur, still saves plenty money there..!

Lambda sensors I'm not finding any cheaper so I'll get theirs I think.

They said they order from NW somewhere.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
NW performance.

Labour !? Surely 182 cats are easy as pie to change ?

Jack it up, undo 4 bolts, swap parts, do up bolts, job done !?

Simpullz :D

R.I.P 182
Bought that sHould be here Wednesday. Asking around for mechanics to see a price for labour. Woo... Saved myself a buy of money tho. The mechanic that I saw today said it's gonna fit so yay :)

:)

Then will have MOT & see what else is wrong with the French piece o crap (that I love unconditionLly)!!

How much!!! I knew they were pricey but seriously!!

Sports cat could be an option, not worth any performance gain but save you a packet...

R.I.P 182
Giraffe where u based? PM please if a serious offer! N thankyou Fred I'll PM him. And Matt I do not condone mcatmmmmkay lol