ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat on v6

Bloody thing had 4 cats fitted, took most of the day to take them out. Sounds a lot better and throttle response is better, it seems faster but top speed is not any different.

It has 2 cats each end of the silencer and 1 cat in each of the pleniums!!!!!!!

Getting nitrous today, so the dee cat should help that, super chip next week and new panel filter for air box.

Anyone no what the most powerfull clio v6 is pushing out in terms of bhp? I estimate that mine will be 400 bhp by the end of next week.

230 standard extra 10ish with de cat, 10 bhp with chip, 5 bhp with filter and between 75-150 bhp of laughing gas!

Quote: Originally posted by zeemax on 06 August 2003

Bloody thing had 4 cats fitted, took most of the day to take them out. Sounds a lot better and throttle response is better, it seems faster but top speed is not any different.

it wouldnt anyway

It has 2 cats each end of the silencer and 1 cat in each of the pleniums!!!!!!!

In the plenham ?

Getting nitrous today, so the dee cat should help that, super chip next week and new panel filter for air box.

De cat help how?

Anyone no what the most powerfull clio v6 is pushing out in terms of bhp? I estimate that mine will be 400 bhp by the end of next week.

RUnning different cams and valve springs, std heads, diff exhaust and a twin throttlebody arrangement the trophys run 285bhp in an unstressed manner. There is one in teh BGT series but i dont know specifics, also some supercharged ones whic i dont know anything about as they are from belgium i think.

230 standard extra 10ish with de cat, 10 bhp with chip, 5 bhp with filter and between 75-150 bhp of laughing gas!

Have fun!

Remember that whatever N20 jets you choose to go for on an NA car it works out more like 2/3s of that figure, whos N2O kit are you going for? Wizards of Nos???

DE-cat, help now. Removed exhaust system, cut what I believe are the pleniums open removed cat stuff!!!! Done this to both sides. Cut silencer type thing thats sits above the main box open and removed the "cat stuff" from both ends. welded ends back together and re fitted it to car.

I make that 4 cats or 4 forms of blockage that slows down the flow of gas.

Throttle response is much better as gas can flow from car better, not restricted.

i dont know of any plenham in the exhaust system is what i was pointing out lol!

The cats are just after the lambdas......easy to find.

Roamer I am getting a kit from high power" wizard of nos" I used them for my 911 with nitrous, trever from high power is very helpfull and supplys the best kits in the country possibly the world. Going to start of with 75 shot on proggresive and keep going up untill I hit problems with the ignition. Have been told I may have problems getting over 100 due to the ignition but I should be able to get around this.

My father drives a 360 modena and I could keep up with him with just a 75 shot in the porsche, with out a controller so I hope that the clio will be better. Although the bloody thing weighs as much as teh porsche! lol.

Dan.

Just out of interest, how are you going to get the cats back in for MOT time? Im having the 172 de-catted in about 3 weeks and they are going to have to spend ages messing around making me a bolt in and out decat as there are twins cats there at the moment, and the mounting lug for it is right up near the downpipe.

Hate to think what a b*****d itd be to get 4 cats back in for MOT time.

I no a man who can!!!! so I wont need the cat for the mot, got 2 years before I need an Mot. The guys who removed the cats took ages, they said most of it was easy but struggled to get to parts of the system.

For the power increase I dont no if it was worth it, it sounds better but a lot of money for a bit of noise, however it should help with other mods as the system is really very restrictive.

Dan

Ben my Porsche was quite old no mod cons fitted, my dad has a 996 so I can drive that. To be honest with you I just like the look of them, my porsche had more mods than most but the clio stands out more even in standard form.

I will get another Porsche but I want a turbo but cant afford one at the mo. I only paid 17k for my v6 its got 10.000 miles and its 12 months old. Plus its not silver! lol

Ya dads got a 360 modena & a 996

Youve got a V6, and before that had a 911, and you want a porsche turbo......

Does youre dad want another son?????:p

Family are into there cars and bikes, dads partner owns a tvr dealership. I prefer bikes but get banned to quickly. Pay for all my cars myself never been bought a car in my life. Wont be able to get a turbo for quite a few years yet as the clio cost me 1300£ to insure.

Have 2 jobs otherwise I would prob drive a xr2i lol.

Dan

V6 Clio

Zeemax, Just had a Viper Race filter from Pipercross fitted (£250). I got it for free as my car was the guinea pig but kits will be available with all fittings soon. Sounds great and you can notice the difference in mid-range power.

Worth considering..........