ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cat to manifold kit £40!! know of any cheaper?

monaco 172
Rang renault up the other day to see how much a manifold to cat kit is and they wanted 40 for it.

Is there any other kit that is as good but cheaper?

I used the nwp kit and it leaks unless i do the springs up fully tight which cant be a good idea.

I'm having trouble getting the kit from NWP to seal properly. I think I still have a slight leak.

Is it likely that the proper Renault kit will be any better?

Is it possible to buy just the mesh gasket?

260% JCW
I took the original gasket to an exhaust factors and they matched it like for like, cost me £3.

So what exactly is the problem with the NWP kit?

I don't think its the springs that are the problem as I have temporarily replaced these with bolts and tightned them up as far as they go and it still leaks! So that leads me to believe it must be the gasket?

Is the ktec kit likely to be any better?

Mondeo TDCI 130
They have been reduced, £22 from memory, or they were last week when i ordered one! No offense like, but the non genuine ones are s**t, may aswell use cable ties, i don't care how oe there meant to f**king be. Rant over :)

ITB'd MK1
Evans elshaw quoted me 40 quid on Friday, love to know how much it was before then ha

it was £46+vat at one point IIRC

the one i use is identical, but cheaper ;)

The NWP ones dont fit because they've sourced them from the wrong vehicle IMO. They also seem to be different every time.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I need one of these mine blowing slightly and its annoying :dapprove:

FF 182
I have fitted a genuine one after a NWP was blowing or rather more zzzzzzzzzing, I am still convinced the genuine one is still making the same noise, can anyone help me out with the fitment of these, should you be able to see the gasket once the compression springs and bolts have been put on?

Clio 172
My ktec one had shorter springs and bots than the original which made it a pain to get the nuts on the bolts.
If you use those ones, and do the nuts right up the springs go coil bound (ie solid, no flex) which puts a lot of strain on the downpipe. BTB recommended OE on mine and showed me the difference to the pattern ones I took when they fitted my 182 cat conversion and system. IMHO pay the £40 once, or end up paying £25ish first time then another £40 to get the right bits.

LY R26 #288
I have fitted a genuine one after a NWP was blowing or rather more zzzzzzzzzing, I am still convinced the genuine one is still making the same noise, can anyone help me out with the fitment of these, should you be able to see the gasket once the compression springs and bolts have been put on?

I could still see my gasket very slightly even once all tightened up and i used an oem one.